RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » New railroad guide on my web site!

Author Topic: New railroad guide on my web site!
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
it's been a slow year for railroad guides, primarily since I lost a bunch of files earlier this year and it took a while to get them and my web site program back. But I now have a Pennsylvanian/Keystone guide from Pittsburgh to New York -- there is a lot of geology here-- sorry about that! This is the link:

http://www.railroadrich.com/guide_30b.html

For some reason, the maps linked to in the Snapfish link did not copy in order. I will try and get that straightened out soon.

I don't know how many more of these guides I will be publishing -- a lot depends on the future of AMTRAK under President Trump and his Republican Congress, plus it is getting to be a “hassle" to publish with the current web site software. BUT STAY TUNED!!!

Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
palmland
Member # 4344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for palmland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice job, Rich. Incredible amount of detail. When I pulled it up the photo was the old K-4 rather than a Geep. I guess the steam engine is still being restored in Altoona?? Was your photo taken from Amtrak's Broadway Ltd?

Let's hope Mr. Moorman figures out a way to make the connection for through cars between the Capitol and Pennsylvanian finally happen.

Posts: 2397 | From: Camden, SC | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yukon11
Member # 2997

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yukon11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I enjoyed your recent route guide, Rich. I especially like the historical background information.

Have you ever considered consolidating your routes into a single, purchasable booklet? Possibly with photos to accompany the dialog.

Good job.

Richard

Posts: 1909 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Harris
Member # 2077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Harris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RRRICH:

I don't know how many more of these guides I will be publishing -- a lot depends on the future of AMTRAK under President Trump and his Republican Congress, plus it is getting to be a “hassle" to publish with the current web site software. BUT STAY TUNED!!!

When it comes to politics, turn off the sound and watch the action. That is particularly true of the sounds coming out of the media.
Posts: 2808 | From: Olive Branch MS | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chrisg
Member # 2488

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted      Profile for chrisg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rich,

I now how you felt. I had to reloaded every story plus the pictures from June of 2015 to the present
while I was on my NRHS Trip last summer. It took a lot of my time but I got through the 88 stories plus my recent Railfanning stories.

Chris

Posts: 711 | From: Santa Ana | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page