RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Texas Eagle

Author Topic: Texas Eagle
UncleBuck44
Member # 2049

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for UncleBuck44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I rode on the Eagle coming from Chicago in August 2002, heres what it consisted of:

2 Engines
1 Baggage
2 Sleepers
1 Dining Car
3 Coach
5 Box Cars

*Notice there was no Lounge.
*When I go on a trip by train long distance I look to see a lounge on there.

Posts: 547 | From: St. Louis, MO, USA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eric
Member # 674

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Eric     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry that happened. It's one of the nicest and most fun cars on the train to spend the day in.
Amtrak should start getting 'some' of the 90 or so wrecked Superliners out of the Grove soon, and I believe that the Eagle has its Lounge back now (can someone verify?)

[This message has been edited by Eric (edited 11-06-2002).]

Posts: 553 | From: Flagstaff, AZ USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Southwest Chief
Member # 1227

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Southwest Chief   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the latest info I have, there are about 5-6 lounges still at Beach Grove awaiting repairs.

#'s of lounges still unrepaired
33045(posible scrap)

Lounge 33017 is still at Beach Grove but went for refurbishments, not because of a wreck.

Hope this helps

If anyone notices that one of these lounges are running again, please let me know
md038571@student.fullerton.edu

Posts: 579 | From: San Bernardino Subdivison | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tubaallen
Member # 2057

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tubaallen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, in my most recent employee newsletter, it was mentioned that 21/22 wouldn't be carrying a lounge until there are more of them available. Now that Beech Grove is back in action, I imagine that will get changed back soon.
Posts: 92 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chip
Member # 1733

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Chip     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a shame. I've ridden on the Texas Eagle. Hopefully, they'll be able to get the Lounge car repaired soon.
Posts: 16 | From: Richmond, Virginia-USA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there any place on the train to buy food besides the diner, like a snack coach?

------------------
Trust God, love your neighbor, and never mistake opinion for truth.
-Mr. Toy

The Del Monte Club Car

Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mho357
Member # 1204

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mho357     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Toy:
Is there any place on the train to buy food besides the diner, like a snack coach?

The Eagle has a converted coach car - regular coach seats upstairs and a lounge down below.

When I rode it in October, 22 had the converted coach but 21 had a real lounge car.

Mark

Posts: 102 | From: Fort Worth,TX,USA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page