RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Fall Amtrak Vacation Trip 2015 Travelogue Online!

Author Topic: Fall Amtrak Vacation Trip 2015 Travelogue Online!
Amtrak288
Member # 1967

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Amtrak288   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To all, no, I haven't stopped making travelogues, it's just that I've been crazy-busy the past couple years that I've gotten somewhat behind in getting work done on the site, that said, I have a new travelogue online covering my big Amtrak trip that I completed in the Fall of 2015 riding 9 Amtrak trains cross-country!

The travelogue covers the following subjects:

- 9 Amtrak Train Rides (#49x2, #3, #4, #59, #1, #564, #579, & #790)
- Cedar Point Amusement Park
- The Mad River & Nickel Plate RR Museum
- Railfanning At Chicago's Roosevelt Road
- Silver Rails Country (Depot Inn & Suites/Rail Lookout/More!!!)
- Railfanning in San Diego, San Clemente, and Del Mar, CA

If you've read my travelogues in the past, you'll know they are not easy to create and involve a serious amount of graphic design in Photoshop so as to properly convey the message. I don't just write a story about a trip, but I try to recreate the event in the mind of the viewer using lots of web graphics and photos along with the story. That said, the link for the trip is shown below and I would greatly appreciate feedback if at all possible on the travelogue as this feedback may be used to make future travelogues even better, so yes, questions/comments are welcome and encouraged!

http://www.passengertrainheaven.com/travelogues/101515A/101515AIndex.html

Posts: 113 | From: Buffalo, NY | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great travelogue, Geno!! I read all the AMTRAK parts of it. Great photographs also! Thanks for sharing!

The only problem I had was, at first, it was rather confusing which link to click on to get to the next sequential part of your travelogue (I did not read the Cedar Point or San Diego sections or the other non-AMTRAK portions), but after the first couple sections, it was easier.

Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
palmland
Member # 4344

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for palmland     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice photos and travelogue. Quite a trip, but it made me tired just thinking about it! I think I would have wanted a layover in New Orleans and Chicago to recover as they are both such interesting cities. Sounds like the service, equipment, and food were decent throughout (except CONO food). Hope that means Amtrak is getting its act together.
Posts: 2397 | From: Camden, SC | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page