RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » new website

Author Topic: new website
sojourner
Member # 3134

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sojourner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cannot figure out how to price sleepers trips with sleepers.
Posts: 2642 | From: upstate New York | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenchappell
Member # 2245

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenchappell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once you have selected your trip and defined the type of passenger and selected the "Find Trains" button you should be presented with the various options of Coach seat or Accommodation. Using the blue left or right buttons in the accommodation section scrolls through the various bedroom types and their prices. Works for me here in the UK. (Hope I have not misunderstood your enquiry)
Posts: 28 | From: Bristol England | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sojourner
Member # 3134

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sojourner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd been doing it for years, and it doesn't work for me any more. I will keep trying. Do you have apple computer or use "apps"? I don't; maybe that is my problem now.
Posts: 2642 | From: upstate New York | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vincent206
Member # 15447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vincent206     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amtrak used to price the sleepers as rail fare plus accommodation fare. Now the price of a sleeper room is listed as just one fare. Is that what you are asking about?
Posts: 831 | From: Seattle | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenchappell
Member # 2245

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kenchappell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not using an Apple computer and neither am I using apps. Just accessing Amtrak.com directly.
Posts: 28 | From: Bristol England | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sojourner
Member # 3134

Member Rated:
I finally figured out what I was doing wrong. But it's hard because it's so wide, I have to scroll left and right to get the full picture! Thanks for the help.
PullmanCo
Member # 1138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PullmanCo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm on a windows box now. I have to admit, their screens are convoluted. There are no instructions to begin the process.

Oh, well.

Posts: 1404 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kenchappell
Member # 2245

Rate Member
No problems here on my windows PC - all fits perfectly onto my screen. Just have to move down page to identify the various routing options (SWC or Texas Eagle for example if looking for LAX to CHI) then use the blue scroll arrows within the accommodation section of my preferred route to see the different rooms and prices thereof. (Using Chrome browser).
yukon11
Member # 2997

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yukon11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I finally figured out how to bring up the system-wide Amtrak route map:

Click on the blue "Destinations" tab, at the top left.
Click on the "See All Routes"
Choose the "Amtrak National Route Map".

I'm still wondering if they have, hidden in the Amtrak labyrinth, a listing of Amtrak stations with services provided. I'm trying to find out more about the Amtrak Martinez station and parking availability.

Richard

Posts: 1909 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocala Mike
Member # 4657

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocala Mike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here we go, Richard:

https://www.amtrak.com/content/amtrak/en-us/stations/mtz.html

--------------------
Ocala Mike

Posts: 1530 | From: Ocala, FL | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yukon11
Member # 2997

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yukon11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, thanks Mike.

I think I also found a phone number for the station. I will try it tomorrow. I may take the Starlight, next summer, to Portland and back and I would like to know about parking. Also, whether they think there is a chance of vandalism if I were to leave my car parked for 4 days.

Richard

Posts: 1909 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ocala Mike
Member # 4657

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ocala Mike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Richard, at Palatka, FL (my northbound home station - I won't ride a bus from Ocala, so I drive an hour and a half), there is a parking lot adjacent to the Police Station just across the street from the RR station.

The Palatka PD lets me park there after I fill out a form. I have made several trips of a week or so duration, and my vehicle is always safe there.

--------------------
Ocala Mike

Posts: 1530 | From: Ocala, FL | Registered: Dec 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yukon11
Member # 2997

Member Rated:
Mike, it sounds like the police station parking lot has worked out well for you.

I see from your link, above, that the Martinez station has both short term and long term parking areas. I wonder if you need to leave a ticket stub inside your car to verify long term parking?

I still would like to contact a real, live human at the Martinez station.I tried the phone number which I thought was the Amtrak Martinez station. It turned out to be a general telephone number for the Amtrak Capitol Corridor trains. It then defaulted to Julie.

I wonder if the Martinez Chamber of Commerce would have the local phone number for the Martinez station? Maybe I will give that a try.

Richard

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page