RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Attn: lakeshore riders/watchers!

Author Topic: Attn: lakeshore riders/watchers!
lakeshorelimited
Member # 576

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for lakeshorelimited     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's an update on the CSX trackwork affecting the Boston portion of the lakeshore limited! 448 goes Eastbound and 449 goes Westbound..

Train 448 will terminate in Albany, NY and they will be Ambussing to Boston on the following days:

May 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 12, 13, 14, and 15th

Train 448 may experience 20-30 minute delays between May 18th and June 19th

Train 449 may experience 20-30 minute delays on May 20, 21, 22, 23, 28, and 29, Also June 3, 4, 5, 6, 10, 11, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19th

Train 449 may experience 30-45 minute delays on May 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 13, 14, and 16th

Train 449 WILL NOT run between BOS and SPG June 11th-19th!

I saw the CSX work train between Albany and Pittsfield on the 4/27 and 4/29. I will try to get pictures next time I'm on the lakeshore. I'll also try to find out the milepost where I saw the work train so someone can get better pictures!
-Tim

[This message has been edited by lakeshorelimited (edited 05-09-2001).]

Posts: 140 | From: Albany, NY | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Konstantin
Member # 18

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Konstantin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My wife and I are planning on riding the Lake Shore Limited on July 2nd and 3rd. I am worried that they may cancel our train. I sure don't want to ride a bus. Please let me know if you find out anything about those dates.

Thank you
evrr@yahoo.com

Posts: 446 | From: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lakeshorelimited
Member # 576

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lakeshorelimited     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad these posts help someone out! I'll keep an eye open for those dates and let you know as soon as I see any new postings. I pass through the stations on the Lakeshore's route pretty often so thats where I see the posters. I think you'll be okay in July.. the trackwork may be done by then!
Posts: 140 | From: Albany, NY | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CVFAN
Member # 634

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for CVFAN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dose anyone know if and how this may effect other amtrak trains using the Boston Line?
Posts: 32 | From: Florence,MA.USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lakeshorelimited
Member # 576

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for lakeshorelimited     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to say that it hasn't, but I can't be sure. The only other Amtrak train that would be affected is the inland NEC train "the bay state." Haven't seen or heard anything..
CVFAN
Member # 634

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CVFAN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If any work is being done between Springfield and Palmer, the Vermonter would also be affected. Of course, it has been suspended because of bad tracks north on the NEC.
Posts: 32 | From: Florence,MA.USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page