RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Moynihan Train Hall at NY Penn Station

Author Topic: Moynihan Train Hall at NY Penn Station
sojourner
Member # 3134

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sojourner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fully vaccinated plus a few weeks, I risked making my first train trip in 14 months down to NYC to see some family. Tooled around Moynihan Hall a bit. Did not go outside (it was raining) but some street entrances are through the attractive old Ninth Avenue Post Office Building. As for the newly opened interior: The skylight and seats attempt a traditional look, and there is even a big standing clock. The Metropolitan Lounge (now the term in NY; no more Club Acela) overlooks the main hall. Is it as nice as Grand Central, or another grand old station? No, of course not, they don't make 'me like they used to. But it's a vast improvement over what's been there since the late 1960s, or whenever it was that that crapsicle reopened under Madison Square Garden. It was also not very busy--don't know what it will be like when normal traffic returns.
Posts: 2642 | From: upstate New York | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page