RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » First "Maple Leaf" to Toronto in 2 1/4 years

Author Topic: First "Maple Leaf" to Toronto in 2 1/4 years
David
Member # 3

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for David     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amtrak's Maple Leaf (operated by VIA Rail in Canada) arrived in Toronto apparently on time. VIA is not giving the exact time on its site, but I saw the train about 11 minutes before it is due at Toronto Union.

This is also the first non-GO Transit train on the Niagara Falls - Toronto route in that time.

Posts: 220 | From: Mississauga, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MontanaJim
Member # 2323

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MontanaJim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great to hear! Im looking forward to riding the rails to (and within) Canada later this year or next.
Posts: 433 | From: St. Albans, Vermont | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sojourner
Member # 3134

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for sojourner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to hear! I wish the Adirondack would resume. What's stopping it? I try phoning but get conflicting info.
Posts: 2643 | From: upstate New York | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MontanaJim
Member # 2323

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MontanaJim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a number of issues from what ive heard, including deteriorating track conditions on the route north of the border. If it were running i could hop over the lake (im in st albans) and get to Montreal that way. Alas its eithe greyhound from burlington or nothing for me. Hopefully in next few years the vermonter is extended to Montreal.
Posts: 433 | From: St. Albans, Vermont | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page