RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » A Christmas song

Author Topic: A Christmas song
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always wanted to write a train song, but whenever I tried nothing came, until Saturday. I was listening to a CD of Let It Snow when suddenly this popped into my head and became a complete song within minutes. So here it is, my Christmas gift to my Railforum friends.

Let It Rain
By Mr. Toy
(Sung to the tune of Let It Snow)

Oh the weather outside is frightening,
And the sky is full of lightning,
But as long as we're on this train,
Let it rain, let it rain, let it rain.

In the Parlor Car folks are singing,
And the crossing bells are ringing,
Things are rockin’ here on this train,

Making friends here as we head home,
To spend Christmas with those that we love,
But we don't care if we're delayed,
We're a diesel powered steel parade!

In our Superliner bunk we're cozy,
And my dear, your cheeks are rosy,
So as long as we're on this train,

------------------
Trust God, love your neighbor, and never mistake opinion for truth.
-Mr. Toy

The Del Monte Club Car

Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr williams
Member # 1928

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mr williams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice one Mr Toy, "Popstars" and "Fame Academy" will be quaking in their boots!!

A Happy Holidays to all of you from over here in England.

Posts: 395 | From: england | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoff Mayo
Member # 153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geoff Mayo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very good!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everybody on the forum.

Geoff M.

Posts: 2426 | From: Apple Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MPALMER
Member # 125

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for MPALMER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Mr. Toy
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to the folks at Rail Forum

Posts: 874 | From: South Bay (LA County), Calif, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UncleBuck44
Member # 2049

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for UncleBuck44     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merry Christmas.

And a Choo Choo to you to.

Posts: 547 | From: St. Louis, MO, USA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ken V
Member # 1466

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for Ken V     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice song lyrics Mr. Toy.

I would also like to wish a Very Merry Christmas to all!

[This message has been edited by Ken V (edited 12-24-2002).]

Posts: 149 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KA6BGJ
Member # 662

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for KA6BGJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr. Toy,

I thought that was a very nice song. Are you going to record it? Hope so. If you do, I would buy a copy of it. I have a Co-Worker that I know will get a big kick out of your song.

I will be listening for your song to be played on your OLDIES radio station down there in Monterey, Ca. I will be listening for it to be played on KYAA 1200 on the AM radio dial.

Posts: 88 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the compliments. As for recording, I don't know if that'll ever happen. I'm not a great singer, but my wife could play the keyboad. There's a recording studio somewhere around here. All I need is a producer, a little funding, and who knows.

------------------
Trust God, love your neighbor, and never mistake opinion for truth.
-Mr. Toy

The Del Monte Club Car

[This message has been edited by Mr. Toy (edited 12-26-2002).]

Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dilly
Member # 1427

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the song, Mr. Toy. Sounds like one for Tony Bennett.
Posts: 793 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page