RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Menus revisited?

Author Topic: Menus revisited?
rmiller
Member # 341

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rmiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Was on board the SW Chief out of Chi on 1/9 and was treated to a chef's special for dinner 1/10. Seems that ATK VP Saunders was on board and had a meeting with the on board crew to talk about changes they would like to see and one suggestion was a return to a chef's special as an addition to the dinner menu to add some variety. Unfortunately, he did not take the opportunity to also survey the revenue passengers.
Posts: 181 | From: Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tubaallen
Member # 2057

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tubaallen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmm....that sounds good. I'll be looking forward to it!
Posts: 92 | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reggierail
Member # 26

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for reggierail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, the good old days. Travelin on the Chief to Chicago with Chef Pena in the kitchen. One of my favorite's was his beef stroganoff.
He would use the strip steaks, make a mouthwatering sauce and serve it over a bed of egg noodles. I can still taste it now. Such a shame that the cooks on Amtrak are really quite good, many excellent and they really enjoyed when they were given a little artistic liberty to put together a treat.
Even longer ago a train would stop in the mountains and purchase some fish from a local that had a good day. There would be a special catch of the day served and it couldn't be fresher. Don't tell anyone but they still do that but with the FDA and all, only the crew get to benefit.

Reggie

------------------

Posts: 462 | From: Bakersfield Ca., 93312 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page