RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Kansas City rehab?

Author Topic: Kansas City rehab?
rmiller
Member # 341

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for rmiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good grief! What is going on at Kansas City?

Passed through there eastbound on the Chief 1/21 and it took a good ninety minutes to get through all the construction/reconstruction. Looks like extensive rail/tie/roadbed realignment and rehab is going on, something I didn't expect to see in the dead of winter.

Posts: 181 | From: Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.A. | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cthetrains
Member # 2148

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Cthetrains     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
strange, isn't it? I live in KC, and was trying to figure this out myself. All I know is that Passenger service is supposed to be routed through Union Station once again, starting sometime this year. They may be trying to smooth things out for the possible increase in passenger traffic?

------------------
Cory (o:}=

Posts: 140 | From: Kirksville, Mo | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PullmanCo
Member # 1138

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PullmanCo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, let's see....

Amtrak moved out of the Amshack and into the main terminal in November. CtheTrains, you don't read the Star? It was all over the front page of the Metro...

KCT is building another flyover to help reduce the congestion at the various West Bottoms Interlockings...

Does that help?

John

------------------
The City of Saint Louis (UP, 1967) is still my standard for passenger operations

Posts: 1404 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Santa Fe 5704
Member # 2277

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Santa Fe 5704     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KCT is moving all the tracks to the south side of the old Kansas Highline in order to build the new flyover on the north side where the existing tracks are now. All this required rebuilding of the Southwest BLVD Viaduct. Tracks have been relocated now [02/08/03]and work should begin quickly on the north side. Also, track 4 was put back in between Campbell St and BNSF's Santa Fe Jct.
Posts: 53 | From: Kansas City, Missouri USA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page