RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » Texas Eagle stt Train 42

Author Topic: Texas Eagle stt Train 42
Newtimes
Member # 2037

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Newtimes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was ready to make reservations this morning for an April 8 trip from PGH to PHL and noticed the train was number 42.

I clicked on the train info and it was listed as the Texas Eagle stt. I assume this train connects with the Texas Eagle in Chicago.

In searching Amtrak's site and national timetable, no info. Nada. I know the basic info arrival/departure time and services and would appreciate any other info know from members.

I could take train 40, the Three Rivers but the Texas Eagle stt has a better arrival time.

Lastly, when do we loose the moniker New Member and become full fledged Member.

Russell in Va

[This message has been edited by Newtimes (edited 02-07-2003).]

Posts: 31 | From: Lynchburg, VA, USA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRRICH
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRRICH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like a glitch in AMTRAK's web site -- the Texas Eagle is Train #22. I have no idea what Train #42 is -- has there been an update to the Fall 2002/Winter 2003 timetable that I don't know about? The Pennsylvanian, which connects Chicago with Pittsburgh and Philadelphia, is Train #43 (westbound) and train 44 (eastbound).

I think you need 30 posts to become a "member" and no longer a "new member"

Posts: 2428 | From: Grayling, MI | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kjkober
Member # 1423

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for kjkober     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually 42 is now the number for the Eastbound Pennsylvanian on Mon-Sat. The Westbound version (Sat and Sun) is 45. This is connected to restoring it to its NYC to Pittsburg route but running it on a different schedule on Sundays. Train 44 is the Eastbound Sunday only and 43 is the Westbound Mon-Friday. This is according to the p40.pdf on the Amtrak site.

[This message has been edited by kjkober (edited 02-07-2003).]

Posts: 42 | From: Akron, Ohio USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cthetrains
Member # 2148

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cthetrains     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
as far as becoming a "member"..I have no idea..just hoping I get promoted soon

------------------
Cory (o:}=

[This message has been edited by Cthetrains (edited 02-07-2003).]

Posts: 140 | From: Kirksville, Mo | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Newtimes
Member # 2037

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Newtimes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the replies. On the info from Kjkober I searched the Pennsylvanian on Amtrak's site and read a press release that stated: "Beginning Monday, February 10, Amtrak will restore the Pennsylvanian (trains 42-45) to its original daylight schedule between Pittsburgh and New York."

It did seem odd that I would be on the Texas Eagle stt between PGH and PHL. And as RRRich mentioned, only 20 +/- post before getting out of the back of the bus (Member vs. New Member).

Russell in Va

Posts: 31 | From: Lynchburg, VA, USA | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Smith
Member # 447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another explanation could be a missing number. 422 is the through car numbers from the Sunset to the Eagle.
Posts: 1418 | From: Houston, Republic of Texas | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page