RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Amtrak » CAN ANYONE TELL ME ?

Author Topic: CAN ANYONE TELL ME ?
JWB7400
Member # 1206

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JWB7400     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THE ENGINE CREW BASES FOR THE CRESCENT IN GA.,AL.,& MS.

THE CREW BASES FOR THE SUNSET LTD.IN FL.,AND AL.

Posts: 28 | From: HUNTSVILLE,AL USA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Santa Fe 5704
Member # 2277

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Santa Fe 5704     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My son worked out of Merridian, MS as a Conductor a year or so ago and that was when Amtrak had just moved the crew base from Birmingham to Merridian. The move was for the purpose of spinning off another train to Dallas via Kansas City Southern thru Shreveport but that train never materialized. The Mayor of Merridian being on the Amtrak Board of Directors was the reason for the move and also lobbied heavily for the train but it look's like Amtrak's financial woes may have been the reason for it never coming about. On another note, I met a lot of crews during that time as we visited the area quite often. Very beautiful country and I wouldn't mind living around the area when I retire from BNSF. But on the other hand I met a lot of crew members that were downright arrogant and my son had a hard time getting along with them. They seemed to dislike "Damn Yankees" as they referred to Northerners. Gotta love all this crap whereas everyone hates each other but yet we face one helluva crisis with these terrorist busting our balls all the time. To bad we Americans can't direct our energy toward working together but hey "That's the American Way"!!!!!
Posts: 53 | From: Kansas City, Missouri USA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JWB7400
Member # 1206

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JWB7400     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DOES THE ENGINE CREW RUN BETWEEN AND ATL AND MERIDIAN
Posts: 28 | From: HUNTSVILLE,AL USA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr williams
Member # 1928

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for mr williams     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Given that the Meridian guy has just been elected as the new chairman of the Amtrak board the new train to Dallas may go back to the top of the list if/when Amtrak gets any budget.
ps: If I remember rightly wasn't the plan to re-route the Sunset from Houston to Dallas to meet the new Meridian train and then head due west across Texas to El Paso? The Eagle would serve San Antonio as a "branch line" and service would be withdrawn between San Antonio and Houston?

Posts: 395 | From: england | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
john1082
Member # 2068

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for john1082     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only down side would be that those remote locations out towards the Rio Grande would lose service; AMT is perhaps the only public transportation out there.

The up side is that it might be faster to go more or less due west from the Metroplex.

Posts: 37 | From: Orange, CA | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Santa Fe 5704
Member # 2277

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Santa Fe 5704     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Engine Crews and Train Crews are headquartered at Merridian, MS. They both run to Atlanta and New Orleans.
Posts: 53 | From: Kansas City, Missouri USA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
irishchieftain
Member # 1473

Icon 1 posted      Profile for irishchieftain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Can anyone tell me" why you want such information? I sure wouldn't want any strangers to know my operating base, if I were a RR worker.
Posts: 566 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RAMO
Member # 2297

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RAMO     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
to Irishchieftian
going to apply for a job.wanted to know where my
home base would be

Posts: 4 | From: HUNTSVILLE,AL.USA | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cthetrains
Member # 2148

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cthetrains     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all, let me ask WHICH NAME WOULD YOU PREFER TO USE JWB7400, or RAMO? If you use multiple screen names, please have the common sense to remember which is which.

------------------
Cory (o:}=

Posts: 140 | From: Kirksville, Mo | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page