RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » General Forums » Train Simulators and Games » NYC Add-Ons and MHz

Author Topic: NYC Add-Ons and MHz
dnsommer
Member # 2825

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dnsommer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone know if there NYC routes, rolling stock, and locomotives I can add to Microsoft Train Simulator?

Also, will a 266 mHz SONY VAIO PC run Microsoft Train Simulator satisfactorily? The box says it will as long as I have 8MB video RAM, but is 266 mHz so minimal that the game won't be fun?

David

Posts: 284 | From: Ithaca, NY USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amtrak207
Member # 1307

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amtrak207     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes.

Yes.

Details: Numerous add-ons (my favorite being the simming, screaming F40 albeit with the wrong road number) at http://www.train-sim.com/ which is an outgrowth of that other kind of transportation simulator. People have Florida routes on there, along with ways to run a whole load of other trains. If you can't log in, stop trying on saturday afternoon and try it at 3 in the morning.
I'm not sure about the NYC lines, but I'm definitely interested and will help if asked in creating the Water Level Route, at least in my area of expertise (ROC-SYR). It's not the most scenic around, but it should be fun on a sim because of the curves and bazillions of crossings, not to mention heavy traffic.

------------------
F40PH #757099-8
March 29, 1976-August 17, 2001
Requisecat in pacis

P42DC #53063
Around 2.5 million miles to go

Posts: 391 | From: Schenectady | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dnsommer
Member # 2825

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dnsommer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks. I would like to build a line or two. But it seems like a daunting task, I have to say. I'm green to the art, for one thing.

Can you recommend a graphics card with more video RAM than the one the SONY VAIO PCV-220 comes with? Also, someone told me SONY motherboards are very tricky. You can't just upgrade parts of the CPU without disturbing the whole machine and SONY makes installing drivers a headache.

The PC is a gift. I have an Apple.

Dave

[This message has been edited by dnsommer (edited 11-14-2003).]

Posts: 284 | From: Ithaca, NY USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
century242
Member # 3036

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for century242   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it would be cool to do the Water Level Route....we will see

------------------
Erik Pierson
Sacramento, Ca
www.sacramentolocomotiveworks.com

Posts: 2 | From: Sacramento, Ca | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page