RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » General Forums » Train Simulators and Games » Microsoft Train Sim 2

Author Topic: Microsoft Train Sim 2
Jesse
Member # 486

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Jesse   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When was Microsoft Train Sim 2 suppose to come out? Anyone know a possible price for it? -Thanks
Posts: 106 | From: Hilton NY USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CoastStarlight99
Member # 2734

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CoastStarlight99   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was canceled a few mos. back.

------------------
--Anton L.
pillsbury09@excite.com
AIM: pillsburyMN

Posts: 1082 | From: Los Angeles, CA. USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jesse
Member # 486

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for Jesse   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why?! They were talking about putting American Steamers on this one! The UP Big Boy I think was one...why did Microsoft put in all these European and Asian rail lines anyway (In Train Sim 1)? I want American Steamers...big ones...like the Big Boy and Challenger. Not these Asian and European electric trains...Make separate software for these countries. I want trains that puff smoke, steam, and pollute the air...haha...

Posts: 106 | From: Hilton NY USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoff Mayo
Member # 153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geoff Mayo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing like replying to a thread 4 years old... the reason MSTS1 had so many European routes was because it was written by Kuju, a UK software house, but released under the Microsoft banner. They did have two US routes, Marias Pass (reasonable stab), and part of the NEC (pathetic attempt at "signalling").

MS then commissioned Kuju to produce MSTS2 but pulled the plug after development had started. Kuju decided to start from afresh (since MS owned the code) as MSTS1 to them was their biggest seller, despite them having released a number of well-known games. Last year they produced Rail Simulator - my name unfortunately appears in the credits on what is an extremely shoddy piece of work that I wish I wasn't associated with.

MS are allegedly producing a rival - their own version of MSTS2. If it's anything like MS Flight Sim in terms of expansability by software then that is a Good Thing.

Trainz is also worth a look.

Geoff M.

--------------------
Geoff M.

Posts: 2426 | From: Apple Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page