TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » International » Eurail Website

Author Topic: Eurail Website
TBlack
Member # 181

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TBlack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Several months ago, at Trainweb, there was a reference to a web site that dealt with reservations and timetables of trains in Europe and Asia. The site allowed you to plan a trip from Copenhagen to Beijing and was pretty comprehensive. The name of the site had no reference to railroads in it, as I remember. Does anyone know the name of this site?

Posts: 518 | From: Maynard, MA, USA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
clevelandbrown
Member # 3654

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for clevelandbrown   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Might you be thinking of
http://www.seat61.com/

I've never used it, but it looks interesting.

Posts: 15 | From: Lakewood, Ohio, USA | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bottleman
Member # 7931

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bottleman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May also have been www.bahn.de

German railways, absolutely comprehensive withing Europe, and includes some main lines in Asia (like Transsib).

Posts: 6 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoff Mayo
Member # 153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geoff Mayo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seat61 is good and reliable, though I've mainly only used the Asia information so cannot vouch for the rest.

http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en (which you can get to from Bottleman's link) is what I use to get European timetables. It's tolerant of different names for the same place (eg London/Londres, Moscow/Moskva, Vienna/Wien). For domestic Germany and some international services it'll also give you a price.

Geoff M.

--------------------
Geoff M.

Posts: 2426 | From: Apple Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page