RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Railfans » Shortlines » SP&S operations in Klickitat, WA

Author Topic: SP&S operations in Klickitat, WA
mfleagle
Member # 197706

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mfleagle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I'm a new member. I'm trying to find any photos or information that would help me understand what the logging operations (the sawmills, switchbacks, etc.) looked like along the Klickitat River in Washington in the 1950s. I plan to model part of the Lyle to Goldendale branch of the Spokane, Portland and Seattle Rwy. I'm not new to train layouts -- had several when I was a kid -- but I don't know anything about real railroad operations or modeling from prototypes, and as I embark on a new layout in my second half-century, I'm more interested in doing something that reflects a real time and place, more or less (you can bet I'm going to find a way to put my old Atlantic-type 4-4-2 on the rails again -- I was delighted to discover that SP&S had several, even though they were sidelined and scrapped in the mid-'50s and maybe weren't even used on the Klickitat River anywhere). Any help appreciated. Thanks,
-Matt

--------------------
Hope to model Spokane Portland & Seattle mainline and Lyle to Goldendale branch, plus logging switchbacks from Klickitat

Posts: 1 | From: Seattle | Registered: Oct 2019  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page