RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Railfans » Fallen Flags and Historical » New York Central Steam Finale video

Author Topic: New York Central Steam Finale video
Roger Hensley
Member # 1374

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roger Hensley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A while back on one of the NYC discussion lists, Greg Scholl announced the availability of a video (New York Central Steam Finale) made from 8mm film taken by his father from 1954 to 1956 around Cincinnati and parts of Indiana. I mislaid the message and just found it about the first of June. Despite a small fear that his 8mm filming might have been like mine was when I was in the Navy, I ordered it from Greg's web site.

It was a great hour that took me back in time. I WILL watch it again several times. Not just for the trains, but for the mid-50s when railroads were a big part of our life. It wasn't just New York Central but mostly and that included passenger as well as freight. Steam, steam and more steam including a couple of trips on the Riley to Chicago! When steam died, Mr. Scholl lost heart and stopped making movies. I can understand that.

Greg didn't add fake sounds just background music and narration to tell the viewer what they were seeing. I expect that most people would think that trains around Cincy didn't offer much, but we are talking Niagaras, Mohawks, Hudsons, Mikados and more and it doesn't matter where they ran, they were still beautiful.

Ok, enough of the commercial. I have no interest in Greg's operation and am getting nothing for this except to be sure that you know about this tape. In fact, I am putting a notice on my web site to help spread the work. I absolutely believe that the video is well worth the price of admission.

Oh, the URL is http://www.gregschollvideo.com Enjoy!
:-)

--------------------
Roger Hensley - KC9EJI

=== Railroads of Madison County ===
=== http://madisonrails.railfan.net/ ===

Posts: 80 | From: Anderson, IN USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page