RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Railfans » Fallen Flags and Historical » Pennsylvania Railroad

Author Topic: Pennsylvania Railroad
richardtrains
Member # 4151

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for richardtrains     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, Pennsylvania RR fans lets start talking.
Posts: 1 | From: Darby, PA. | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
espeefoamer
Member # 2815

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for espeefoamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was born along the Pennsy,in Warsaw,IN.But left before I was old enough to say Choo Choo.I have loved the GG1 ever since seeing pictures in the Lionel cataloge as a child,and also pictures in childrens railroad books.I finally saw GG1s on a family vacation in 1967,and rode behind them in 1978 on the Southern Crescent from Washington to N.Y.and the Broadway as far as Harrisburgh,then A-B-B-A E8/9s to Chicago.

--------------------
Trust Jesus,Ride Amtrak.
Check out the NEW Western Rail
http://rrredneck.proboards99.com./index.cgi

Posts: 288 | From: Fullerton,ca,USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tanner929
Member # 3720

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tanner929     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am old enough to remember the end of the PRR and my dad cursing the New Haven RR and the Penn Central. You could see all the mix and match cars. Although the trains are gone, fortunatly many of the great stations and terminals remain. Many are now restraunts, apartment buildings or other public spaces they are the railroads greatest legacy.
Posts: 516 | From: New Haven, CT USA | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRCHINA
Member # 1514

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRCHINA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A fold out double page in the Feb. 2006 issue of TRAINS has a map showing the Pennsy as it now is split up and/or abandoned. It shows who now operates the remaining trackage.
Posts: 467 | From: Prescott, AZ USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page