RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Railfans » Fallen Flags and Historical » Vintage Timetables & Maps

Author Topic: Vintage Timetables & Maps
popop4
Member # 3302

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for popop4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can someone point me in the right direction to find historic railroad maps and/or vintage timetables that will show the probable route taken by my grandmother in December 6-13, 1887 from Mason City Iowa via Kansas City, Denver and Salt Lake City to Sacramento. I know roughly the route and some of the lines. Here is what her diary says:

Iowa Central RR: Mason City, Steamboat Rock, Oskaloosa, Given IA, where their baggage car and sleeper switched onto a line to Kansas City, while the rest of the train went to St. Louis.

(Union Pacific ?): Kansas City, Topeka, Solomon, KS, Hugo, CO, Denver.

Denver & Rio Grande: Denver, Castle Rock, Palmer Lake, Royal Gorge, Castle Gate, and Salt Lake City.

???: Salt Lake City to Ogden.

(Central Pacific?) : Ogden, Dutch Flat, Cape Horn, Sacramento, CA

Many thanks,

David

Posts: 1 | From: Oberlin, OH | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page