RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » RailFan » With any luck...

Author Topic: With any luck...
cnotp
Member # 342

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for cnotp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that trainorders will be going to a fee-based service, I am hoping this discussion board picks up in popularity. I never realized it existed until yesterday!

------------------
Jeff
Norfolk Southern CNO&TP Home Page

Posts: 34 | From: Erlanger, KY, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
eashock
Member # 344

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for eashock   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, man! I hear you there. I just found this place, and I'm already liking it. I may even be moving my Muncie, Indiana site to here.

It's too bad that Todd Clark chose to make TO subscription based, because I enjoyed it there... But I can enjoy this place as well. To paraphrase Demo Dick Marchinko: "Doom on you, Trainorders."

Quick note to the TrainWeb staffers, thank you, and keep up the good work!

-Eric Shock

------------------
Railroads of Muncie, Indiana: http://eashock.8m.com/muncie/

Posts: 1 | From: Muncie, Indiana | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gondola Man
Member # 348

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Gondola Man     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm another ex-TOer. It's good to see some familiar names. I just found out today about the TO subscription. From what I've read there, there should be an influx to this site if everyone is willing to give it a chance. This is my first post here and I look forward to many more.

------------------
Jeremy R Wright
Waltonville, IL

Posts: 1 | From: Waltonville, IL, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniel3197
Member # 27

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for daniel3197     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome both of you here to Railforum!
I would expect Trainweb to be around for
a LONG time because it is said to be
the MOST EXTENSIVE and VISITED railroad
website in the world.
I do hope MANY more people start using
this Railfourm.
It seems strange that this forum has such
a small number of postings when this
forum is at the same time part of such a large and extensive website.
I do hope the changes to Trainorders will
bring many new faces to this forum.

I am VERY happy that Trainweb is run by
such friendly people who are determined
to have the BEST and easiest-to-use railroad website on the internet!
This is without the annoying pop-ups and
fancy bells and whistles that other sites have.
I look forward to an EXCELLENT
train-filled 2001 with Trainweb!!
-Daniel M

Posts: 283 | From: Palo Alto,CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniel3197
Member # 27

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted      Profile for daniel3197     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wanted to let you all know
that I will try to keep this
board updated on anything I know about here
in the southern San Francisco Bay Area in California.
As I can remember, I have been visiting
this WONDERFUL website since early 1999.
Welcome to one and all former TO users and everyone!!
Daniel M

Posts: 283 | From: Palo Alto,CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WhiskeySierraCharlie
Member # 351

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for WhiskeySierraCharlie   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Give us your tired, your poor, your huddled masses...

It will be interesting to see if another "free" site will capture the web traffic that Trainorders currently enjoys. Since I already have a website hosted here at Trainweb, I guess it's only fitting that I ATTEMPT to join in on the discussions on this board...

I might even check out the "pay" Trainorders when it starts up, but like many others, I have my doubts about how well the new service will work, and whether TO will be able to retain its current traffic levels.

This board looks like a good alternative, - IF we can recruit enough people to make the discussions lively and worthwhile. Three threads a day ain't gonna cut it!

Best of luck, guys - be sure to tell all your friends!

WSC
http://www.trainweb.org/southwestshorts

Posts: 4 | From: Ft. Worth TX USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bnsf521
Member # 353

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for bnsf521   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's do it!

Ex-Trainorders guy here also. Can't see forking out the dough to Trainorders/ERN when all we have to do is simply migrate over to this forum.

Come on everybody, let's go!

------------------
Matt's Train Photos

Posts: 2 | From: Staunton, VA, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fwarailfan
Member # 355

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for fwarailfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all. I also made the move here from TO. I didn't realize these boards existed either and I've had my site hosted on here for over a year! Looks great. Bring on the discussions!

David

------------------
Fort Wayne Railfan Page

Posts: 7 | From: Fort Wayne, IN | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IORY_GP40
Member # 357

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IORY_GP40     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yet another ex-TO'er here. Glad to find out that there is another major FREE railfan forum out there to take TO's place. I was thinking I was going to be relegated to the CincyRails Mailing List and my Indiana & Ohio Rail System Discussion List, but then I was informed of this place. Keep up the good work, Trainweb! Looks like I've found a new home.

David Rohdenburg

--------------------------------
Indiana & Ohio Rail System Discussion List:
http://www.egroups.com/group/IandO_List

Posts: 8 | From: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
csxt602
Member # 370

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for csxt602   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since every other TO refugee is posting here, I might as well hop on the bandwagon.

Like fwarailfan, I never knew these boards existed, and I have had 2 TrainWeb sites.
You learn something new every day. I hope this forum can be an excellent alternative to TO, and being at TrainWeb, and free, I expect it to be!

------------------
csxt602 - Baltimore, Md
MP6.8 on the Capitol and
Old Main Line Subs!

Posts: 4 | From: Baltimore, Md., USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stans_railpix
Member # 368

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for stans_railpix   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all;
I wonder if Trainweb will have an Amtrak forum ??

------------------
Stan'S Railpix;-A-Rail-Photo-Gallery !!
http://www.trainweb.com/railpix

Posts: 15 | From: Phila. Penna. USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sidewinder
Member # 374

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Sidewinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Its really good to see so many TO members here.

I wonder if this site owner is planning many changes to further attract the masses defecting from TO? You know, like adding forums and features to attract more industry people?

Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page