RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » RailFan » Another New Member

Author Topic: Another New Member
IORY_GP40
Member # 357

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for IORY_GP40     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just thought I'd let everyone know that I've also made the switch from Trainorders. I didn't even know about this place until today. No way am I gonna pay $30 a year when I can post for free.

Dave Rohdenburg

------------------------------------------
Indiana & Ohio Rail System Discussion List
http://www.egroups.com/group/IandO_List

Posts: 8 | From: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hvry33
Member # 358

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for hvry33   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, another new member (former TOer) here as well.

-Chris B.
Owner/Webmaster- HVRy. Historical Website http://members.nbci.com/hvrail

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R.Geiter
Member # 359

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for R.Geiter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too!! Hello all.
Posts: 1 | From: Lancaster,Pa. USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smiller54
Member # 362

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for smiller54   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't been with TO for long, but I'm moving too!!

------------------

- Steve Miller

Posts: 3 | From: Hopkinsville, KY | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KC Railfan
Member # 363

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for KC Railfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am also new to trainweb from trainorders.
Posts: 8 | From: Lee's Summit Missouri USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gtirr
Member # 364

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for gtirr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also a new user down from TO.com.
Has anbody stated yet what TO plans to charge for their service?
I liked TO, the short time I've been there, but not real crazy about this new merger with the East. They seemed to have both ends of the country covered very good with the way it was running. Depending on the cost, I will sit back and wait to see if it's going to be worth it or not.
gtirr

Posts: 5 | From: South Bend,IN | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CS
Member # 372

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for CS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just moved in too. Not sure if I'm gonna dump T.O. yet but I knew about this place before that place but never joined the boards so I figured I'd give it a try since everyone else was coming over.
Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cnotp
Member # 342

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cnotp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know what TO is planning on charging, but whatever it is, it will be too much. Charging everyone to use a discussion board WILL eliminate most of the discussion...

Perhaps I'm like a new home owner (I know I/we don't own this discussion board), but I do feel like "rearranging the furniture" in order to provide a east and west board, and an amtrak board (as mentioned by a fellow immigrant). Perhaps we should ask???

------------------
Jeff
Norfolk Southern CNO&TP Home Page

Posts: 34 | From: Erlanger, KY, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oaksmodelrr
Member # 347

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for oaksmodelrr   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will be posting over on Trainorders to the bitter end, but have added this and the NRHS discussion to my list. I already like the fact that I can see all the replies to a thread on one page, rather than clicking endlessly on reply after reply.

------------------
http://www.trainweb.org/oaksmodelrr

Posts: 14 | From: Oaks PA USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gary
Member # 381

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gary     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too am here from TO. I hope this site does
well as the people at ERN will have to rethink about charging. 30 dollars is a bit stiff.
Gary Smith
Plattmouth, Ne

Posts: 1 | From: Plattsmouth, Ne USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ccrider
Member # 384

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for ccrider     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What the heck? I've been here a few times and have been impressed with the level of content. After all, the list is only as good (or as bad) as we make it, so I really don't care which forum it's in. I too like the fact that you can scroll through all the messages without clicking back and forth. It will be interesting to see if enough people abandon the site to impact the level of information over there.

Sounds like the TO people are moving in directions that are of limited interest to me. I do respect what they've done and wish them the very best in their new endeavor.

I'll be just as happy here as there!

Posts: 5 | From: berea, KY | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bnsffan
Member # 375

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for bnsffan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone. I too just moved from TO. While I did like the format, I cant see paying to see/read info that we ourselves post. I do realize that all of that costs money, but I didnt ask for free email and free webspace. If anything, chatge for that stuff and leave the forums FREE. After all, the forums wouldnt be forums without people posting. I just found this site, but I have known about TW fpor a long time. TW is currently hosting 2 of my websites, so I will stay here and support them! If anyone is interested...here is my websites

BNSF Motive Power Archive http://www.trainweb.org/bnsfmpa

Matt's Depot http://www.trainweb.org/mattsdepot

I'll see everyone around here from now on!

Matthew
Railfanning BNSF in Nebraska

Posts: 2 | From: Humboldt, NE | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gonx
Member # 389

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for gonx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am also from TO. What really bugged me even before the latest merger doings was the constant deletion of posts and entire threads. I'm for a certain level of censorship, but the deleting of posts because one disagrees is uncalled for.
Posts: 6 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Throttle_JCKY
Member # 354

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Throttle_JCKY   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate to say it guys and gals, but we should have seen that coming. Todd did all that work, you almost knew something was going to happen.
I am just glad to see alot of familiar names here. I have been peaking in to TO, and I have already noticed a heavy downfall in traffic and posts. Hopefully this will wake Todd up. But hey, it is his little baby, he can do what he wants with it.

Posts: 62 | From: HC, IN, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Railcat
Member # 393

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Railcat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Moving in also. Been boycotting TO for awhile inasmuch as deletion of threads seemed worse than the supposed offense.
Here's hoping this location might become a viable option. Think 60/30!

Posts: 8 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CenCalRails
Member # 219

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for CenCalRails   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep...I made the jump 2 days ago to TW...I'll read and maybe post until TO goes Uppity...Has anyone else noticed the press release that Todd gave to Carlson at APN Newsline (Jan4), he announcd how great the merger ws...but no mention of the 30.00 catch
Posts: 5 | From: Stockton, CA 95209 | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gtirr
Member # 364

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for gtirr     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sure is nice to see a lot of the folks from TO.com. throttle_JCKY, that goes for you too!!!!
Is $30 bucks going to be the going rate??
If it is, it's way too much. Like I stated in one of my post's, I could care less for all the crap on the side. (TrainCam,Chat group, web space,etc. I'm sure not going to pay $30 bucks to read other folks news. $10 bucks a year, maybe...
I wish all the luck to whoever is behind this site and will do all I can do to help.
gtirr

Posts: 5 | From: South Bend,IN | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Underground Railfan
Member # 379

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Underground Railfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had several of my threads deleted off TO by TC questioning several things he's said or did in the past.
I've been checking out TO since early 98' and found that the heavy handed TC like to put his foot in his mouth alot.
Here's to another boot.

Glad to see you all and may we exchange thought and info for free here

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
8notch
Member # 404

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for 8notch     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here today on trainweb gone tomorrow from trainorders. Looking for information on Hertiage sleepers on train #40/41. Thanks
8notch

Posts: 4 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rc1166
Member # 405

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rc1166     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rc1166 has followed in the footprints of other TO users and this is the first place I read from now on after reading my personal mail.
As I said long ago when joining TO:
any questions about Swedish and european RRs you have I'll try to answer. (But wise from earlier, no timetable or ticket buying;8)

Posts: 1 | From: Huddinge Sweden | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniel3197
Member # 27

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted      Profile for daniel3197     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WELCOME to this WONDERFUL website RC!
Glad to see you here!!
This is Daniel from the TO Chat.
I hope that Trainweb gets a chatroom similar to the TO format that we are
so accustomed to using.
I also hope to see many people from all over the web on this board.

Posts: 283 | From: Palo Alto,CA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Underground Railfan
Member # 379

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Underground Railfan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those needing a chatroom may I suggest the http://CyberRails.Railfan.net/ chat.
This was the hang out about a year ago when TO went to Yahoo.

TPWMAN
Member # 360

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for TPWMAN   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i came over here also.check outhttp://www.egroups.com/group/TRAINORDERS
Posts: 9 | From: tucson,az,usa | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cdr.Dick
Member # 408

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cdr.Dick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well it looks like TO has been put on the shop track! It was good info and spirited conversation, but the webmaster seems to have forgotten where he came from. Good luck TO, but long live Trainweb!!!!!!
Posts: 6 | From: Folcroft,Pa. UnitedStates | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rails
Member # 416

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rails     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im also from to.
todd did this to himself
he ruined a great site

Posts: 9 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page