RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » RailFan » INFO: Norfolk Southern Construction Projects

Author Topic: INFO: Norfolk Southern Construction Projects
fwarailfan
Member # 355

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for fwarailfan   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The following document shows NS track expansion projects and their status as of 9/30/00, (pages 3-8). Interesting to peruse...
http://www.nscorp.com/nscorp/html/conrail/stb.pdf

Posts: 7 | From: Fort Wayne, IN | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cnotp
Member # 342

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cnotp   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very interesting info. Thanks for posting the link!

I'm surprised that the rehab of the ex-Conrail Sharon Yard (Cincinnati, OH) wasn't listed.

------------------
Jeff
Norfolk Southern CNO&TP Home Page

Posts: 34 | From: Erlanger, KY, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Throttle_JCKY
Member # 354

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Throttle_JCKY   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff,
Seriously, I don't think Sharonville is in their big plans.! When they sold the land in the Northwest side of Mill, I don't know the name of the factory that built there, they severed all good routes to build a new connection into Sharon for the New Castle District trains.! I hate to say it, but it don't look to good. If I hear anything I will let you know.

Posts: 62 | From: HC, IN, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MPALMER
Member # 125

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MPALMER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the link! No mention of Manassas, VA, either for the bypass route or re-construction of the west leg of the wye. Must be way off in the future.
Posts: 874 | From: South Bay (LA County), Calif, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
therobs
Member # 410

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for therobs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings!

There are a couple of projects in my neck of the woods that aren't on that list. The NS Cleveland Line's (Alliance, OH, to Cleveland, OH) old Pennsy signals are being replaced, starting with the site of last year's derailment. Also on that line, a new intermodal yard is being built in Maple Heights, OH, southeast of Cleveland. At the time that report was released, NS was in a lawsuit with Maple Hts. regarding the city's attempts to block the yard. The suit has since been settled and construction began late last year. I would have thought the report would have mentioned that that yard was in the planning stage.

RobR

Posts: 2 | From: Bedford, OH, US | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page