RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » RailFan » UP 3985, need to know times and route into LA

Author Topic: UP 3985, need to know times and route into LA
rms492
Member # 78

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rms492     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know what time the 3985 will pass through Cajon Pass coming into Los Angeles on Sunday August 6?

Also, which route will it take? The entire UP line, or will it switch to the SP line at Colton and continue west? (Since SP is now UP, I figure that UP now has a choice as to which lines to use into LA after traversing Cajon Pass).
http://www.uprr.com/uprr/ffh/excurs/steamtr.shtml

Posts: 38 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dark Jedi76
Member # 83

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for Dark Jedi76     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With the Wreck at Cajon, what is the current status?
Posts: 2 | From: So. Calif. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rms492
Member # 78

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for rms492     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, just went yesterday on Sunday to see the 3985. It appeared to be on time, passed by Cajon at around 12 pm. Lots of freight traffic around there, coming up the pass on I-15, I spotted at least three freights on the same track, quite close to each other waiting for the 3985 to pass.
Returns on Sunday the 20th from LA at 8 am, should be around Cajon sometime from 11 to 12.

Posts: 38 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richman20
Member # 89

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Richman20     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was in Vegas and watched 3985 pass from the parking garage of the Rio. Great view point. Then chased her for 30 miles down I-15. I've seen her a number of times including RailFair last year but have never seen her at speed - what a sight. Don't miss it if you get a chance.
Posts: 2 | From: San Diego, CA, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page