RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » RailFan » f40's not dead

Author Topic: f40's not dead
William
Member # 91

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for William     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The F40's are not dead yet,some of the F40's currently running between boston and new haven have been dedicated for tne boston-portland,me,along with so far 3 "cabbages".How do you think they look in phase 4 paint!
Posts: 19 | From: Leominster,Ma | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mccannt
Member # 123

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for mccannt   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I haven't seen any of the Phase IV-painted F40s yet out here in the Pacific Northwest, but we do have some in their original tri-stripe scheme, and we have four "cabbage patch" units decked out in the green, cream and copper brown "Cascades" colors.

Incidentally, the four Cascades cab cars, unlike the other F40 conversions found elsewhere, do not have the baggage doors, most likely since the Talgo trains they run on already have baggage cars (One of the "batmobile" tail cars on each consist is a baggage; the other is a power car.)

Posts: 7 | From: Gresham, Oregon, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page