RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Forum Information » Suggestions and Comments » Slowness on Forum

Author Topic: Slowness on Forum
yukon11
Member # 2997

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yukon11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it just me...it seems like, in the past week or two, that it is hard to get connected to Trainweb.com and also the forum is very slow once once you get there. I have broadband. The forum pages usually appear much faster after clicking.

Richard

Posts: 1909 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
train lady
Member # 3920

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for train lady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Richard, I thought it was my computer. Over this past weekend I kept getting messages that the page was not available. I tried Train Web with the sane result. I am glad that it isn't only me.
Posts: 1577 | From: virginia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tarheelman
Member # 6095

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tarheelman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The same thing has been happening to me, too. I first noticed it on Friday evening.

Does anybody have any idea what the problem is?

Posts: 100 | From: Kernersville, NC | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 2933

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Moderator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I inquired and was informed that Trainwebs server was experiencing technical difficulties. It appears to be corrected at this time.

the Moderator

Posts: 169 | From: Northwest Wisconsin | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
train lady
Member # 3920

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for train lady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks moderator. For once it wasn't the computer!!
Posts: 1577 | From: virginia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yukon11
Member # 2997

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for yukon11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, it seems to be back in good runnning order.
Thank you moderator.

Richard

Posts: 1909 | From: Santa Rosa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 2933

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Moderator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As an update, Shivam explained that there would still be intermittent interruptions for a while (no time frame) as their data server is in the process of moving ten miles to a much better location. (?)

the Moderator

Posts: 169 | From: Northwest Wisconsin | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
train lady
Member # 3920

Member Rated:
Moderator, while we "have you on the line" could you check and find out why the stars that are given have not been put on for many months? I rated several people and am still awaiting the stars to show. I know that they are busy with the new set up but I should think someone might find some time for this. thanks.
Member # 2933

Member Rated:
Train lady
Just off the phone with Shivam and he assured me that he will look into it for you.

the Moderator

tarheelman
Member # 6095

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted      Profile for tarheelman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for keeping us informed, Moderator. Please continue to keep us updated.
Posts: 100 | From: Kernersville, NC | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
train lady
Member # 3920

Member Rated:
Thanks, I do appreciate the help. I am sure those deserving the stars will be pleased too.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page