RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Forum Information » Suggestions and Comments » Raffles

Author Topic: Raffles
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This other site I've been hanging out at http://www.banjohangout.org/ has been having raffles to help pay for their website. They're giving away banjos. I wonder if Trainweb might employ something similar to help pay the bills, and give regular visitors an incentive to assist. Prizes might be railroad memorabilia, books, magazine subscriptions, Amtrak gift certificates, etc.
Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray
Member # 10

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr. Toy, I actually appreciate this particular inquiry. For more than three years now I have wanted to build such a site on TrainWeb. I have called a number of companies, large through small, and every one of them liked the program. With over 5 million hits a month coming through our setup, at this time it would be beneficial for everyone.

We are so busy with other priorities that this program was always put on the backburner. However, after being told by the moderator of your suggestion, I really got my dander up & made a big issue out of it, so now we do expect to have it done sometime this year.

I can assure you that the "contestants" will not only have the $100 and $1,000 item, but also the multi thousand dollar prizes as well. The prizes will be NICE! I stopped calling the companies as 100% of them were willing to participate. It kind of freaked me out.

Posts: 22 | From: Fullerton, CA USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's great. The Banjo site has one prize a month. Sounds like you're thinking bigger.
Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
YoelYitzchak
Member # 3212

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for YoelYitzchak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would be totally great!!! Maybe even a way to get those special items that cost more than my budget allows!

------------------
Shalom,
YoelYitzchak

Posts: 1 | From: Portland, OR, USA | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 2933

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Moderator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mr. Toy,
Thanks for the suggestion. YES, we would love to give our regular visitors an incentive. So today I had a chit-chat with our senior members on this matter and came up with a nice idea. We will announce it soon. It will be posted in "Announcement area" and of course throughout the TrainWeb.

[Keeping RAILforum on Track]

Posts: 169 | From: Northwest Wisconsin | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page