RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Model Railroading » HO SCale » Juice Train

Author Topic: Juice Train
Whomper
Member # 2452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whomper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure that I've seen a yellow juice train car on a CSX string a few years ago. How many different models have been produced (in HO scale) for Juice Train cars? Has anyone else seen a yellow car?

Thanks.

Posts: 11 | From: Eagle Rock, VA, USA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
espeefoamer
Member # 2815

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for espeefoamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Athearn used to produce 2 car sets of juice train reefers. These came in both orange and white.

--------------------
Trust Jesus,Ride Amtrak.
Check out the NEW Western Rail
http://rrredneck.proboards99.com./index.cgi

Posts: 288 | From: Fullerton,ca,USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kairho
Member # 1567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kairho   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That train comes right by my property about 14 times a week (I think that's the number...close anyway). Only orange and white cars for the last 6 years...never any yellow.
Posts: 363 | From: Southwest North Central Florida | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whomper
Member # 2452

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whomper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the note. For something as remarkable as this is, you'd think there'd be someone at Tropicana who could give an answer! But I can't find anyone. I'm now doubting my memory, but only until I get more proof! I can't believe my memory fools me; but it has been a coupla years now since I was stopped by that train...
Posts: 11 | From: Eagle Rock, VA, USA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kairho
Member # 1567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kairho   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I watched a couple of the trains today and some of the older orange cars are quite faded out. They could be considered almost yellow, similar to the "yellow" on a traffic light...
Posts: 363 | From: Southwest North Central Florida | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whomper
Member # 2452

Rate Member
Did you see a string of many cars in the same shade of "yellow" or faded orange? I seem to recall that the ones I saw were truly yellow, didn't seem to be oxidized shades of anything else. But still... Can you get any photos?
Whomper
Member # 2452

Rate Member
And, there is a model of a juice car in a dark green color. Any info on this color?
Kairho
Member # 1567

Rate Member
The strings are always all mixed up; colors mean little to them down in Bradenton. I'll see if I can photograph some time but cannot guarantee it.

As to green ... have never seen one of those, at least not as a Tropicana car.

Whomper
Member # 2452

Rate Member
Thanks! I'll look forward to finding some photos!
espeefoamer
Member # 2815

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for espeefoamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tropicana juice cars have been showing up in the L.A. area lately.There are usually 4 to 8 cars at the front of the train.Allthe juice cars I see out here are white,so this must be the latest scheme.

--------------------
Trust Jesus,Ride Amtrak.
Check out the NEW Western Rail
http://rrredneck.proboards99.com./index.cgi

Posts: 288 | From: Fullerton,ca,USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kairho
Member # 1567

Rate Member
I actually got to relax yesterday so I brought out a book, a beer, and the camera. Right on schedule two Tropicana Juice Trains shot by. They are in the movies below. Sorry for the large filesize.....but enjoy!

www.NewAdventures.com/Tropicana/JuiceTrainNorthbound.MOV

www.NewAdventures.com/Tropicana/JuiceTrainSouthbound.MOV

Whomper
Member # 2452

Rate Member
I'm having to use dialup, and movies are too big for me. Can you extract some stills from the movies and post them? I'm just looking for color variations...

Thanks.
Bob

Kairho
Member # 1567

Rate Member
Figured it would be too large. Unfortunately I don't have any software which can capture individual frames. Maybe someone else reading this can help out?

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page