RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Model Railroading » HO SCale » Why Do they?

Author Topic: Why Do they?
George Pavlisko
Member # 4107

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Pavlisko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take a fun hobby that is for the family add some ???? and look what happens, LOCK DOWN. Well I hope that there is a good out come for the MR forum. I enjoyed the conversation and the help from the people over there. Lets hope this stays clean!

--------------------
Take Care
George P.
"Never to old for Trains"

Posts: 4 | From: Aiken S.C & Orange Park, FL | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
espeefoamer
Member # 2815

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for espeefoamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take a lesson from the MR Gestapo(I'll probably get kicked off that other forum for this comment [Frown] )and never say anything controversial.This will keep this forum open for all of us Kalmbach refugees!

--------------------
Trust Jesus,Ride Amtrak.
Check out the NEW Western Rail
http://rrredneck.proboards99.com./index.cgi

Posts: 288 | From: Fullerton,ca,USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Randy Rinker
Member # 4100

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Randy Rinker   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I fail to see how the actions of Kalmbach could even be remotely consider Gestapo-like. There have been PLENTY of anti-Kalmbach message subjects - haven;t you seen all the criticism of the reviews, the removal of the train show schedules, and the lack of a direction? No one got kicked over those, and they won't, unless they resort to using a bunch of four-letter words not fit for a FAMILY hobby (yeah sure we all mutter them in the privacy of our basements when we grab the wrong end of the soldering iron, but that's not a public forum).
No it was not the Gestapo, it was a complete moron with obviously NO LIFE and NO HOBBIES other than do whatever he can to to disrupt the lives of people who do - I'm willing to bet all 5 or so of those idiots were the same person, just using multiple accounts to get around the 60 second flood control, otherwise it would have taken him HOURS to post all that junk. Like it or not, that junk reflects on Kalmbach, since the site is wholly owned and sponsored by them. Right or wrong, people WILL associate that with the company (personally I think holding Kalmbach responsible for the actions of the troll is BS, but read up on some of the harassment rules, it works much the same way. But that's just my opinion). You can;t reconcile postings like that with a family-oriented publication. With no sure way to prevent a re-occurrence, locking all topics for the weekend is about all they can do.

--Randy

--------------------
Modelling the Reading Railroad of the 1950's

Visit my home page at http://www.readingeastpenn.com

Posts: 7 | From: Fogelsville, PA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Pavlisko
Member # 4107

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Pavlisko   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We removed our forum for our website years ago due to idiots like that. They need a JOB and a focus. OR we need an IP tracker and sick the FCC or some one on them.
You know if this gets real bad BIG BROTHER may step in. Last thing that we need.
PS Fixed my NO-LIX!!!

--------------------
Take Care
George P.
"Never to old for Trains"

Posts: 4 | From: Aiken S.C & Orange Park, FL | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Randy Rinker
Member # 4100

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Randy Rinker   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If they feel the effort is worth it - as I mentioned before, we had a similar problem on a game forum I belong to. The owner doesn't take to kindly to peopel disrupting his services, and when he notified the ISP with evidence of what the person was going to the site, they got their account suspended. So the ISPs DO listen. And if it really is just a kid using Mommy and Daddy's account, is he in for a heap of trouble when he gets service terminated. Too bad.

--Randy

--------------------
Modelling the Reading Railroad of the 1950's

Visit my home page at http://www.readingeastpenn.com

Posts: 7 | From: Fogelsville, PA | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tstage
Member # 4112

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for tstage   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Fellas,

I'll admit, I'm disappointed, too, but not a Bergie and MR. The forum is a lot of work for them and I can understand why they did what they did. I would have liked another "sticky" for those who might have been out of the loop. But, I'll assume that they kept it nebulous to discourage the riffraff from pulling something like that again.

I caught a little of what Randy was mentioning. Was it actually worse than "Big Al's" tirade/rampage a number of months ago? Anyhow, I hope that MR will "open the turnstiles" again at some point in the future. Kinda strange. It's like going back to where you grew up and someone has shut down your hometown and moved it to a new location.

Tom

Posts: 3 | From: NE Ohio | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
espeefoamer
Member # 2815

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for espeefoamer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The MR forum is open again today. I'll hang around here for the prototype stuff though.

--------------------
Trust Jesus,Ride Amtrak.
Check out the NEW Western Rail
http://rrredneck.proboards99.com./index.cgi

Posts: 288 | From: Fullerton,ca,USA | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page