RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » Model Railroading » Trainweb Webring

Author Topic: Trainweb Webring
jcater
Member # 31

Rate Member
Icon 8 posted      Profile for jcater   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have any of you folks had trouble having a site added to the webring?? I submitted my site on the 15th of July, waited the suggested 7 days and...nothing ! I have written to the webmaster twice asking what the story is...but no one seems to want to talk to me ! So I thought I would ask if anyone else has run into trouble, before I really start bugging the webmaster for SOME reply (anything at this point would be nice). Happy Modeling (not so happy websiting)
John

------------------
Colorado and Southwestern, the Top of the Rockies!
http://jstrainstation.homestead.com

Posts: 204 | From: Montrose | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
virtual-bird
Member # 37

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for virtual-bird   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jcater:
Have any of you folks had trouble having a site added to the webring?? I submitted my site on the 15th of July, waited the suggested 7 days and...nothing ! I have written to the webmaster twice asking what the story is...but no one seems to want to talk to me ! So I thought I would ask if anyone else has run into trouble, before I really start bugging the webmaster for SOME reply (anything at this point would be nice). Happy Modeling (not so happy websiting)
John

Oh yea baby! I had the same problem and when I contacted them I got nothing.

there was one ring that kept booting me as I changed the font on the ring code to match our page. The ring master kept reading me and then the ring would boot the site again.

I mailed him AT LEAST 10 times regarding this and I then gave up.

So we now only have the rings on this page www.geocities.com/sydney_nscale/ring.htm

I also have no faith in the rings at all.

YMMV...

------------------
RR:
K, C, & Bird Butt Railroad - SP, NS, and ROCK admirer. Its a coal mining region of a place far far away, that shares with SP, NS, and some CSX..
Also some Custom RARE Bird RR sd40-2's coming!
Era:

Time stands still round these parts, and we have everything from Steam, to Diesels of today.

Posts: 32 | From: sydney aussie | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jcater
Member # 31

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcater   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Bird...thought I was goin' nuts!! After posting this, I did (finally) get a reply, but was told I had'nt transfered the HTML code. That is #$^*! because I transfered it weeks ago! I would ask a favor though...could you go to my site and see if you can SEE the Trainweb Webring logo? It is at the bottom of the first page, below the visitor counter. I ask, because maybe my machine is showing me something that other folks can't see.

I can't understand this really. Am I being ignored because my site has no commercial backing?? I am very disappointed in the whole thing Happy Modeling
John

------------------

Posts: 204 | From: Montrose | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jcater
Member # 31

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcater   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Should have also asked other folks to go to the site and see if THEY can see the logo at the bottom of the first page too...Thanks all!!
John
http//:www.jstrainstation.homestead.com

------------------

virtual-bird
Member # 37

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for virtual-bird   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yup...

its there

Posts: 32 | From: sydney aussie | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrainWeb-Staff
Member # 22

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for TrainWeb-Staff   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi !
Could you please email me what was wrong with our Webring . I would do my best to solve the problem with webring code.
If you tried to modify it , then you have to be very careful .

Lemme know asap.
Appreciated.
Thanks
TrainWeb.com

quote:
Originally posted by virtual-bird:
Oh yea baby! I had the same problem and when I contacted them I got nothing.

there was one ring that kept booting me as I changed the font on the ring code to match our page. The ring master kept reading me and then the ring would boot the site again.

I mailed him AT LEAST 10 times regarding this and I then gave up.

So we now only have the rings on this page www.geocities.com/sydney_nscale/ring.htm

I also have no faith in the rings at all.

YMMV...

Posts: 34 | From: Fullerton, CA, United States of America | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page