RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » Model Railroading » Blue Comet locomotives

Author Topic: Blue Comet locomotives
John Peters
Member # 428

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Peters     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am looking for a good resource for technical and photo information regarding the Blue Comet locomotives. Does anyone know of any source of builder info (place,date,etc.) and detail and profile photos of these engines? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posts: 4 | From: detroit, mi, usa | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JMH
Member # 331

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for JMH   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps I am a bit out of the hobby, but I am not familiar with the Blue Comet. Which railroad was it associated with? In any case, the best source for original information starts in your best source for railroad books. Start with a history of the Railroad in question, and you will generally find, either in the same book or a referred book some of the specifics, such as builder and dates. All of the builders have books and other reference materials. I have many books on the railroads that I have been interested in, and I also have many other publications. You might try the people at Locomotive Quarterly. I don't think they have a web site, but they also go by the name Metephor Press. Your nearest Hobby shop should have a solection of books, and you might also find a copy of an Index of publications.
Posts: 62 | From: Carmel, Indiana, USA | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page