RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » Model Railroading » New Forum Format

Author Topic: New Forum Format
jcater
Member # 31

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcater   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like this format much better than the old. Hope to see some of the old gang here too!!
I'd like to start off with a question...

What is your favorite hobby shop and why? What is your least favorite and why??

My favorites: Caboose Hobbies in Denver: MECCA for modelers and fast, friendly service. I am also very partial to Depot Hobbies in Grand Junction...not a great selection but fun guys with a lot of knowledge.
Least favorites: Hobby stores that don't carry model railroad stuff, those that can't decide whether they sell trains or dolls, and those where the clerks don't know jack and treat the customer like #$^!!
Happy Modeling!!
John
Come see my layout at: http://jstrainstation.homestead.com

Posts: 204 | From: Montrose | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dragondawg
Member # 29

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dragondawg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello John!

Good to see you here.

My favorite use to be the Train Depot down in Orlando FL, when it was run by Stew Marshall. He sold out several years ago and now its not as user friendly. At least it wasn't last time I was there. This part of the country we don't have a lot of great railroad hobby shops.

Orange Blossom Hobbies down in Miami isn't bad, if you're into brass. But know how to habla espanol!

John

Posts: 30 | From: Jacksonville, FL USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dragondawg
Member # 29

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for dragondawg     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello John!

Good to see you here.

My favorite use to be the Train Depot down in Orlando FL, when it was run by Stew Marshall. He sold out several years ago and now its not as user friendly. At least it wasn't last time I was there. This part of the country we don't have a lot of great railroad hobby shops.

Orange Blossom Hobbies down in Miami isn't bad, if you're into brass. But know how to habla espanol!

John

Posts: 30 | From: Jacksonville, FL USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike C
Member # 35

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Mike C     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I"m new here but I really like this type of format. I live in Columbus Ohio and we have two very good stores. Hobbyland in Graceland shopping center and The Train Station on Indinolla Ave. Both shops are run by friendly and helpful people.....Mike

------------------
Its only money

Posts: 97 | From: Columbus Ohio USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
virtual-bird
Member # 37

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for virtual-bird   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
something from the old forum telling of this one would have been nice.. this must be moderated by that guy A. Moron I think...

wonder how many we lost from the move without knowing about this....??

gee.... looks similar to http://www.trainboard.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi

------------------
RR:
K, C, & Bird Butt Railroad - SP, NS, and ROCK admirer. Its a coal mining region of a place far far away, that shares with SP, NS, and some CSX..
Also some Custom RARE Bird RR sd40-2's coming!
Era:

Time stands still round these parts, and we have everything from Steam, to Diesels of today.

[This message has been edited by virtual-bird (edited 07-17-2000).]

[This message has been edited by virtual-bird (edited 07-17-2000).]

Posts: 32 | From: sydney aussie | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
virtual-bird
Member # 37

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for virtual-bird   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey John.
when you mailed me, did you mail Scott about this new URL?

------------------
RR:
K, C, & Bird Butt Railroad - SP, NS, and ROCK admirer. Its a coal mining region of a place far far away, that shares with SP, NS, and some CSX..
Era:

Time stands still round these parts, and we have everything from Steam, to Diesels of today.

Posts: 32 | From: sydney aussie | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jcater
Member # 31

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for jcater   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by virtual-bird:
hey John.
when you mailed me, did you mail Scott about this new URL?

Bruce,
I e-mailed Scott, but never got a reply. Yes some forewarning of the change would have been nice. I also tried to e-mail Dallas, but my mail got returned. Good to "see" an old face here though!!
John

Posts: 204 | From: Montrose | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrainWeb-Staff
Member # 22

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for TrainWeb-Staff   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by virtual-bird:
gee.... looks similar to http://www.trainboard.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi

For clarification, both the Trainboards and the TrainWeb Railforums just happen to be powered by Infopop's Bulletin Board software. Seeing other sites using the same software is just confirmation of our confidence in its quality and ease of use.

------------------
-TrainWeb Staff
TrainWeb, Inc.
http://www.trainweb.com
"Trains on the web? TrainWeb.com!

Posts: 34 | From: Fullerton, CA, United States of America | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
virtual-bird
Member # 37

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for virtual-bird   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TrainWeb-Staff:
For clarification, both the Trainboards and the TrainWeb Railforums just happen to be powered by Infopop's Bulletin Board software.

Im on 4 model railway boards that all use Infopops software!
just stating some facts.

maybe some wallpaper in the background or something to change the look!

------------------
RR:
Era:

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page