RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » Model Railroading » Superliner scale drawings/blueprints?

Author Topic: Superliner scale drawings/blueprints?
Southwest Chief
Member # 1227

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Southwest Chief   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anybody know where I could get some good scale drawings of Superliners? I know of only one, the November 1982 issue of Model Railroader that might have these.(Anybody know if it's worth trying to get this issue?) But I'm also interested in Superliner II's. Are there any books that have been published with Superliner drawings?

I have several fine references for the Santa Fe railway, including scale drawings of the Hi-Levels, but Superliners and Amtrak in general, are proving difficult to find.

I've occasionally seen on Ebay some Superliner II operating manuals that have somewhat scale drawings but no end detail. Is anyone familiar with these and should I pursue a book for myself?

I want very accurate pictures of Superliners, roof, underframe end detail etc... So if anyone can help, please do.

Posts: 579 | From: San Bernardino Subdivison | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Challenger
Member # 1298

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Challenger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am currently doing research do do a 1980s superliner train. I am going to detail some of the rather crude Con-Cor Models that I have had sitting aournd. In the process of my research the only Superliner Drawings I have found is the November 1982 Issiue. I wouild be willing to make copies. As for The Pictures my freinds Chris Fussell and one who would rather not reveal his name might have some. You can take a look at their sites at
http://www.trainweb.org/f40phr231/

and
http://www.trainweb.org/f59phi450/

respectivly.

James.

[This message has been edited by Challenger (edited 12-16-2002).]

Posts: 315 | From: Lander,WY USA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Southwest Chief
Member # 1227

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Southwest Chief   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow!

Thanks, James, for offering copies, you can email me at

md038571@student.fullerton.edu

for details on how you'd like to do this.

I find it amazing that there are really no good references on what is currently the most used passenger cars in America. It looks like there is a strong market for such references so, to all those great train book publishers out there, hint..hint..

Thanks again James,

Matt

Posts: 579 | From: San Bernardino Subdivison | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fumes5
Member # 1437

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fumes5   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hav found one at http://www.trackscapes.org.uk/index.html
good luck

Posts: 43 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page