RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » Model Railroading » New To Forum? I am!

Author Topic: New To Forum? I am!
SneakyHusband
Member # 2376

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SneakyHusband   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings!

I am new to this forum and will be browsing once in a while as I begin my journey, finally, on building my HO train set, and exploring in depth my passion for Trains!

I look forward to reading what you post and getting to know a few of you!

Thank you,

Take Care,

Darin

PS...Can you post pictures in this forum? If so, how?

Posts: 26 | From: Loveland, Colorado, USA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chuck Walsh
Member # 677

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chuck Walsh   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
W E L C O M E A B O A R D!

Another HOer.

James the Wyoming Challenger can answer that ?

Posts: 213 | From: Grand Rapids Mi USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Challenger
Member # 1298

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Challenger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello.

Welcome to Model Rialroading.

There is a way you can post pictures on this forum. But it needs to be a picture that is already on the the internet.

There is some code that you enter to make it work. But I could never figure out what it is. When I do, I will be sure the share it with everyone.

Posts: 315 | From: Lander,WY USA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SneakyHusband
Member # 2376

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SneakyHusband   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Let me see about this picture thing?

Posts: 26 | From: Loveland, Colorado, USA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Challenger
Member # 1298

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Challenger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How did you do that?

I've been tryong for two years to do that!!!!

Cool.

Posts: 315 | From: Lander,WY USA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Smith
Member # 447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the FAQ:
To add a graphic within your message, just encase the URL of the graphic image as shown in the following example (UBB Code is in red).

In the example above, the UBB Code automatically makes the graphic visible in your message. Note: the "http://" part of the URL is REQUIRED for the [img] code. Also note: some UBB forums may disable the [img] tag support to prevent objectionable images from being viewed.

Posts: 1418 | From: Houston, Republic of Texas | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Smith
Member # 447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the FAQ:
To add a graphic within your message, just encase the URL of the graphic image as shown in the following example (UBB Code is in red).

what goes in front of the following is [/url] and [/img] then:
http://www.prime-web.com/Ultimate20/tline.gif[/img][/URL]
In the example above, the UBB Code automatically makes the graphic visible in your message. Note: the "http://" part of the URL is REQUIRED for the [img] code. Also note: some UBB forums may disable the [img] tag support to prevent objectionable images from being viewed.

I had to modify this so you could see the typed message. (See the above message for what it looks like without the modification).

[This message has been edited by mikesmith (edited 03-20-2003).]

[This message has been edited by mikesmith (edited 03-20-2003).]

Posts: 1418 | From: Houston, Republic of Texas | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SneakyHusband
Member # 2376

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for SneakyHusband   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mikesmith

I was unable to get the page to open.

However, I will be getting info from my wife...she has a lot of time off with the bad snow storm and has created a picture album on line that will allow the pictures to be posted easier.

SneakyHusband
Member # 2376

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for SneakyHusband   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

shamus
Member # 657

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for shamus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Use [img]- place the URL between [/img]

Shamus

[This message has been edited by shamus (edited 03-23-2003).]

Posts: 79 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Challenger
Member # 1298

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Challenger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK Lets see if I can do this.

This picture of UP 8444 is part of my extensive collection of railroad photos I am in the process of posting on line. It was taken in the late 1980s by my freind Larry Dilts at Denver Union Station

SneakyHusband
Member # 2376

Rate Member
Thanks for sharing pictures! They are great to look at!

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page