RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » Model Railroading » HELP!!!!!!!

Author Topic: HELP!!!!!!!
Shaun CN
Member # 2366

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shaun CN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took a break from model railroading because I was sick for four days. I have tried to go back to run my trains but have lost all intrest how can i get back into it.
Posts: 49 | From: Sarnia,Ontario,Canada | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Smith
Member # 447

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear about your problem, Shaun.

Unfortunately, there is no absolute cure for "lost interest". There is a possibility, after a while, that this syndrome can be cured. Follow the following steps:

1. Carefully pack up all of your model equipment.
2. Send it all to me.
3. After 6-8 months, if you start to miss it, then send me the shipping costs, and I'll send it all back to you.

Just trying to be helpful,

Mike Smith :-)

Posts: 1418 | From: Houston, Republic of Texas | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whomper
Member # 2452

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for Whomper     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One good way to renew interest is to find someone else in your area who shares the same interest in model railroading. Maybe a club? Or look at eBay's model railroading listings to see what's out there. The latter way may spark a renewed interest in just part of the hobby.
Posts: 11 | From: Eagle Rock, VA, USA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
conrailkid
Member # 1898

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for conrailkid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sick of it after a 4 day layoff, huh? you could look upon it as a job, as everyone needs a break from that from time to time...we call that a vacation. maybe you've put a little to much effort into it before getting sick, and just need some time to do other things. model railroading, like some horrible diseases, stays in your blood, and the urge to run them model trains will come back!
Posts: 85 | From: owingsmills, md. | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roger Hensley
Member # 1374

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roger Hensley   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There have been months when I didn't touch the layout or even a model. That didn't stop my involvement in the hobby at all. I continue to work with others in the Central Indiana Division, NMRA and visit with moder friends. I have found that when I was ready to return to the layout, it was still there waiting for me. Perhaps with a little more dust on it, but it doesn't go away and eventually, all of those projects that have been started get finished. :-)

Roger

Roger Hensley - madisonrails@railfan.net
== http://cid.railfan.net/ ==
== Central Indiana Division, NMRA ==

Posts: 80 | From: Anderson, IN USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page