RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » Model Railroading » HO Scale Well Cars

Author Topic: HO Scale Well Cars
daiq
Member # 226

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for daiq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am in search of HO scale model railroad well car rolling stock. In particular, the Intermodal five car sets. 'Sea Land,' 'TTX,' 'SP' and others that run from our beach area docks through the city of Los Angeles to the downtown loading station and then on eastward.
I am hoping here, that maybe some of your members may have cars that they would like to sell. Ones at least in running condition.
I see these trains and there seems to be 100 cars in tow. And, i would like to create an HO model of the consist. However, the ability to find the cars in the hobby shops has brought me to seek else where.
Hoping you can help me, i remain,

Sincerely,

--Daiquiri stJohn

------------------
--Daiq

Posts: 25 | From: Los Angeles, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DLP161615
Member # 95

Rate Member
Icon 3 posted      Profile for DLP161615     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daiq -

Try Tom's Trains on-line at www.tomstrains.com. He is selling the Athearn intermodal sets for around $24. These sets don't come with containers, so you'll need to buy those separately. I don't know if you operate or not, but Kaydee couplers will be needed if so. I recommend staying out of local shops for high volume rolling stock purchases because internet deals are so much better. Hope this helps. Tell Tom I sent you.

Dave Plummer

Posts: 9 | From: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page