RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » » Model Railroading » plans for flatcars/bulkhead

Author Topic: plans for flatcars/bulkhead
bnsf
Member # 1971

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for bnsf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im looking for plans to scratchbuild flat and bulkhead flatcars. 1980 to present. can any1 suggest where i can find this on the web. thanx guys.
Posts: 17 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Challenger
Member # 1298

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Challenger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello,

I have some plans for building a UP version from the 1980s. I forget if they are for 50 foot or 60 foot cars though.

Unfortunatly my scanner is not operating correctly at the moemnt. But when I get it fixed I would be more than happy to get a copy to you

James

Posts: 315 | From: Lander,WY USA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alk-milw
Member # 2459

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alk-milw     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Challenger, If it's not to much trouble when you get your scanner working I could go for a set of those plans myself!

------------------
Andy Kramer- Milwaukee Road model railroader

Posts: 16 | From: camp douglas, Wis. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Challenger
Member # 1298

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Challenger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK can do.

Though I have no Idea when that will be. Looking at the problem, it looks like there is something mechanicly wrong with the scanner. and I have no Idea where in Wyoming I can take it to get it fixed.

If push comes to shove, Iguess I can dig out the old drafting board lol

James

Posts: 315 | From: Lander,WY USA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alk-milw
Member # 2459

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for alk-milw     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean you might have to use a pencil!! Please include pictures
Posts: 16 | From: camp douglas, Wis. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Challenger
Member # 1298

Rate Member
Pictures of me Using a pencil?

I take it these days of CAD, the old time honerd practicing has become rare.

Would you like the pencil shavings to?

alk-milw
Member # 2459

Rate Member
James, I've been known to use a pencil myself a time or two. I learned mechanical drafting back when thats all we had to use. Even before calculators!!

------------------
Andy Kramer- Milwaukee Road model railroader

Challenger
Member # 1298

Rate Member
I learned it becasue this was back before my family could afford a computer and therefor a cad program to use on it.

I still do it to keep my skills in practice. Im hendging my bets and will be able to make blue prints after the WWIII scenero and all the computers are useless.

James.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page