RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Passenger Trains » Private Rail and Special Trains » Rocky Mountaineer trip report (and Amtrak Cascades/Starlight)

Author Topic: Rocky Mountaineer trip report (and Amtrak Cascades/Starlight)
Jamie Foster
Member # 8728

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jamie Foster   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We recently flew to Calgary, took the Rocky Mountaineer to Vancouver, and then returned to San Luis Obispo, CA by the Amtrak Cascades and Coast Starlight. This "report" is mostly photos. And not all are train photos - some are scenic or interesting shots from the trains and activities at stopover points. The web pages start here:

http://www.jf2.com/pbjrr/080521.html

To shiny rails,
Jamie

Posts: 3 | From: California | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RR4me
Member # 6052

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for RR4me     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just browsed to this report. Beautiful pictures, and now I'm looking forward to checking out your site.
Posts: 406 | From: La Grange, CA | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DAVID ARENDS
Member # 12617

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DAVID ARENDS   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAS ANYONE EVER TAKEN THE CRUISE UP TO ALASKA AND THEN CAME BACK BY RAIL TO VANCOVER,ME AND THE WIFE ARE THINKING ABOUT DOING THIS IN THE SUMMER BUT I AS JUST WONDERING IF ANYBODY HAD AND WHAT KIND OF EXPERIANCE IT IS.
Posts: 2 | From: mn. | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Harris
Member # 2077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Harris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First, you can't do it. There is no railroad to Alaska from anywhere in Canada or (obviously) the lower 48. There is a service to Prince Rupert BC, but it does not get you to Vancouver.
Posts: 2808 | From: Olive Branch MS | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cubzo
Member # 4700

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cubzo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jamie looks like your site will offer some great exploring, thanks for posting this
Posts: 229 | From: Long Beach CA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page