RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Railfans » Trip Reports » My train trip....June 13th-June 18th

Author Topic: My train trip....June 13th-June 18th
CarKnocker
Member # 2561

Rate Member
Icon 12 posted      Profile for CarKnocker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me & my sister left Dearborn,Michigan on the 13th of June right on time to head to Chicago.She had'nt been on any American trains,so she went with me to Minn./St Paul..The ride on the Lake City's # 351 was ok,but it's really just a commuter train.We had a nice lay-over in Chicago,witch let us enjoy a relaxed lunch while we waited for the Empire Builder # 807 which was on time.Off we went,on our way to Minn/St. Paul,a place we had'nt been to before.She was very impressed with the Super Linner Equipment & the service on board.We walked the train & I showed her the differnent car's,so on.We had a Great meal in the Dinner car & the service was also xx-lent.Got to Minn/St. Paul right on time & enjoyed seeing these city's for a day or so.After our train trip back to Chicago,she headed back to Michigan while I boarded the City of New Orleans for a sleeper car ride on # 59 to the Big Easy!This was a Wonderfull trip to a city I've never been to.I wish my wife could have come along,but I have alot more vacation time than her & I use it!!The car attendent & the rest of the crew were 1st class & the views were great,as we headed to the deep South.There are alot of poor area's/people down in Miss.,but my attendent has family all over the area & he gave me the low-down on all the history & stuff..that got him a VERY nice tip at the end of this journey!But he was so much more than just a good Amtrak employe,the whole crew were great!Pulling into New Orleans on this great train, was the iceing on the cake of this very nice & relaxing trip.We made it down about 20 min. early,which is kind of lucky from what I hear!New Orleans is a great place to visit & I will be going back with the wife next time.I headed back to Chicago by Airplane,than boarded train # 354 for the ride back to Dearborn & the drive home to New Haven,Michigan.A very nice trip,indeed....Go Amtrak!!!
Posts: 3 | From: New Haven,Mi. U.S.A | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the great report. Sorry you haven't gotten much of a response. Most of teh activity is on the Amtrak board, so I don't get here as often.

By the way, it would be helpful to your readers if you could break your story into paragraphs to make it easier to read.

------------------
Trust God, love your neighbor, and never mistake opinion for truth.
-Mr. Toy

The Del Monte Club Car

Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page