RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Railfans » Trip Reports » novel part 2

Author Topic: novel part 2
amtrak92
Member # 14343

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for amtrak92     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is part two, hope you enjoy
I ate pancakes as we went the speed of intermodel trains at 90 mph. After I ate, I picked up mail in boxes on the train, and dropped a little off. After that I went to the dome sleeper’s dome. As I got up there we blasted thru Shreveport. We only had to stop 5 minutes to let a freight pass. Once it passed we left.
We blew past schools without stopping. We were going to stop Fort Worth, and the next day we would go to Six Flags. We split into groups with our chaporones. My mom and our group left the train, and ate in Uno’s. We took the last bus tour. Then my dad and I went to a ball game.
Then when we returned, we went to our beds.

Six Flags
In the morning we ate breakfast. We all detrained, and made a cross platform transfer to Trinity Railway Express to Six Flags. The only scenery was suburbia. We then arrived and all you could see of the park was the top of Titan. We started hiking up the hill. Then it came to me I needed a group of four. I got Samantha, AJ, and Edward.
Once we crested the huge hill, we could see a huge parking lot. We walked single file thru the area. When we found a tram, some people caught it. The rest of us walked. I raced it. Once we got to the gate the band director gave out our tickets.
Then we all assembled in groups or pre assembled groups. It took me a minute to find my group who walked. Then we walked through security. Then we gave the ticket to a person to scan it. Then she gave a map and

our ticket, and we walked in.
We decided to start with the roller coaster Titan. I sat next to Samantha. The train continued to gain altitude. Then we crested over the hill. We plummeted toward the ground at 80+ mph. Then up a few switchback hills.
I was happy when the ride ended. Then we went to the Texas Giant. We had to wait 10 minutes for it. We sat on the front row. That wooden coaster is extreme. We rode all of the coasters. My personal favorites was Judge Roy Scream. We checked in at 4:30. At 8:30 we all left the park and went to the station. Our train came from Fort Worth. We all boarded.
Our train turned north toward Oklahoma. I ate in the twin unit dining car. I had fried chicken. Not many people were eating at this hour.
Tomorrow night we should arrive at the
Grand Canyon. Our train would join the Transcon. Tonight we should be sleeping while moving.
In the morning we changed to the rare mileage line. When I was sitting in the Budd Dinning car, when the train blasted through Amirillo. Our train just rolled on into the desert. I had cameras on the office car.
If my prediction is right we will be in Abo Canyon at 2:30. At some county crossing in New Mexico........
What do you think happens. So how are you guys liking it so far

Posts: 465 | From: elgin (s-line) | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 2933

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Moderator   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can't imagine what happens next, but, the energy continues.
Posts: 169 | From: Northwest Wisconsin | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amtrak92
Member # 14343

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for amtrak92     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, the next installment I'm posting sometime tonight.
Posts: 465 | From: elgin (s-line) | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page