RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Forum Information » Welcome to the Forum! » Hello

Author Topic: Hello
MetSox
Member # 6035

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MetSox   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been meaning to join the forum for a long time, let me introduce myself.

I've been a train fanatic for as long as I can remember, when I became fascinated by the New York Subway when I was about three. I caught the very end of the streamliner era when I was a kid and was fortunate enough to have ridden the 20th Century when I was 7 and the original California Zephyr when I was 11.

Since I became old enough to travel on my own, I've traveled extensively by train in the US, Canada and Europe. This past April I took a trip to Japan and have just finished my trip report, which I expect to post soon.

I grew up in New York City and now live just outside Boston (4 blocks from the city line), hence the nickname.

I look forward to sharing my experiences, opinions and photographs on this forum with my fellow "foamers". Some of my opinions and observations may be extreme, controversial or outrageous but I'll try to present them in good humor. Example: when I go to London I can't help but wonder; am I the only one who came here for trains and punk rock?

Posts: 49 | From: Brookline, MA | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page