RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Forum Information » Welcome to the Forum! » My First Train Ride

Author Topic: My First Train Ride
Jason K Albee
Member # 18337

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for Jason K Albee   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The first time I rode a train was as a child. I was with my grandmother. I sat next to an older gentleman while my sister sat next to my grandmother. I was five or six at the time. I was a very curious child and wanted to know the answerer to almost everything. For a couple of hours, I was a child that just would not stop asking questions. The older gentleman sitting next to me finally spoke to my grandmother. She pulled me over and told me to stop asking so many questions. For the rest of the trip to my grandmother’s house, I tried not to ask him any questions, but being a curious child, I would slip in a question now and then.

Over a decade ago, I had a dream about riding a train. I awoke that morning after the dream and wrote it down. It had all the makings of a story. Over a period time it morphed into several formats, first from a short story to a screenplay to finally a novel, “The Train Ride Home.” It is now available as an eBook or paperback at http://www.double-dragon-ebooks.com/single.php?ISBN=1-55404-807-9.

Here is what others are saying.

“It is an action-packed fantasy that has just about everything: mystery, murder, betrayal, love, monsters, magic at a nonstop pace. I can recommend this for those who like wild fantasy, adventure, and romance.” Piers Anthony

“It is delightful from beginning to end. “ Mae Argilan

I would love to hear your thoughts about it.

--------------------
Jason K Albee

Posts: 4 | From: Vancouver, WA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amtrak92
Member # 14343

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for amtrak92     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very Interesting. I'm in the railroad press, is there a free way to read and review
Posts: 465 | From: elgin (s-line) | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DNatureofDTrain
Member # 432

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for DNatureofDTrain   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first was CNW 1385 in Baraboo, WI .. thanks for sharing yours. [Smile]

--------------------
"You ain't gonna win unless you put up a good fight so don't give up hope any day or night." - John Henry.

Posts: 11 | From: Janesville area, Wisconsin, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page