RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Forum Information » Welcome to the Forum! » I'm new & excited to be here!

Author Topic: I'm new & excited to be here!
Train Granny
Member # 30118

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Train Granny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a 62 year old retired grandmother of 5 and I've recently become a railfan! You can read my entire story (about how I've come to love trains) on my blog at

http://www.traingranny.com

If you want to read it from the beginning, scroll down and read about my first train ride in 1953.
As part of my new "Train Granny" adventures, I already have 3 wonderful Amtrak trips planned, the first one only 25 days from today! (You can read about the details of those trips on my blog, too!) I'm so excited I feel like a child waiting for Christmas to arrive! I hope you will read my blog and continue to follow it as I travel across the country! I've gotten lots of helpful hints from the rail fans on Trainorders.com, and I hope to get some from this group, as well!

--------------------
Train Granny

http://www.traingranny.com
http://www.facebook.com/traingranny

Martha (Marty) Hale
Savannah, Georgia

Posts: 182 | From: Savannah, Georgia | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cubzo
Member # 4700

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cubzo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the forum.
Posts: 229 | From: Long Beach CA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Thunderbush
Member # 30533

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Thunderbush     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Granny!

--------------------
Modern day boomer
BNSF,IC&E to the CN/J
I MOVE freight!

Posts: 6 | From: Chi town | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pporro
Member # 31539

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for pporro   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just adding myself to the list, since it was the right Subject.

New to the forum & lets say, lightweight train spotter, but I'm also more interested in photography.

65 never going to retire, but I have slowed down a little. That's what happens when things get rusty? [Smile]

Posts: 23 | From: Milwaukee-North | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page