RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Forum Information » Welcome to the Forum! » Hello..

Author Topic: Hello..
Mr. Arieson
Member # 4024

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Arieson     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I am new to this board, but have been a life long fan of trains.

I love trains so much that I have actually been late to work many times, because I saw a green light and decided to wait. As a young boy, I had a favorite spot behind a fence near the tracks, so I could be less then 2 feet away from them as they passed. I go every weekend to the fullerton train station to check out trains. When I see one, my heart actually starts racing. I have never seen a train I did not freak out over!

Granted, I don't know as much about trains as some of you people do, therefore, I like to ask questions from the foamers at the station. However, every time I do ask an innocent question, I feel like I am intruding, and not welcome. Most of those foamers are clannish, and frankly very rude. Can anyone tell me why a train lover like me would be treated so badly? This has happened too many times now to be considered a fluke. Just this last weekend, for instance, I noticed an AMTRACK train with a color scheme and design that I have never seen before. I got excited immediatly. I asked several of the foamers what it was, and was greeted by blank stares, and one guy even walked away from me without answering. It made me so sad, because my genuine and honest interest was squashed because I am not part of the club, or clique....is that they way newcomers are usually treated? Keep in mind that i am a 40 year old white guy, bald, big stomache...no different then most of the guys I saw there.

Posts: 1 | From: fullerton | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vline
Member # 1132

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for vline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, ask your question in the main Amtrak forum

Mike

Posts: 60 | From: Ballan, Victoria, Australia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. Toy
Member # 311

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. Toy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Mr. Arieson! I think you'll find that the group here is pretty friendly, and eager to help answer your questions. Most of the activity is on the Amtrak forum. I think if you described the train you saw on that board someone would have an answer within an hour or two.
Posts: 2649 | From: California's Monterey Peninsula | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page