RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Forum Information » Welcome to the Forum! » I'm getting married!

Author Topic: I'm getting married!
Geoff Mayo
Member # 153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geoff Mayo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, so I'm not a new user (in fact, far from it). But this seemed the most appropriate place to put it!

My fiancee and I will be tying the knot this coming Sunday, 12:30BST. She hasn't quite got my enthusiasm for trains but we can work on that. At least she doesn't mind travelling on them!

Hopefully by the time we next make our way across the Great Pond, Amtrak will still be around in a way that is conducive to long haul travel.

Geoff M.

--------------------
Geoff M.

Posts: 2426 | From: Apple Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John Hull
Member # 4465

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for John Hull     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations, Geoff.
My wife has lived with my enthusiasm for trains for 36 years, and luckily she loves travelling, especially on Amtrak, as much as I do. We're planning our next trip, BWI to Seattle, south to LA and back via Chicago and Charlottesville, 8,000 miles, and will go as soon as we can afford it!
Incidentally, I did some of my teacher training in Swindon, back in 1968, and in 1963 had a visit to the railway works. Fascinating place.
John

Posts: 41 | From: Yaxham, Norfolk, UK | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
train lady
Member # 3920

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for train lady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations, Geoff!!!

I wish for you both many years of good health, happiness and great train rides.

Posts: 1577 | From: virginia | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDRR
Member # 2992

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDRR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best wishes to you both!
Posts: 332 | From: Long Island, NY USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
George Harris
Member # 2077

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted      Profile for George Harris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations, Geoff, and the new Mrs. Geoff (he could have told us your name) Best wishes, may your track ahead always be guided by the high greens.
Posts: 2810 | From: Olive Branch MS | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoff Mayo
Member # 153

Icon 14 posted      Profile for Geoff Mayo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everybody - and a nice phrase from George! Her name is Gerlie, a nurse working here in the UK. We were introduced by mutual friends and now a couple of years later here we are hsppily married.

Geoff M.

Posts: 2426 | From: Apple Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page