RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » General Forums » Railroad News » Amtrak Auto Train Facilities

Author Topic: Amtrak Auto Train Facilities
daiq
Member # 226

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for daiq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello:
I have site that is being recreated in miniature for a project. It's the Amtrak Auto Train facility down in Sanford, Florida. I doing it in HO Scale
So far, i've been unable to get any overhead pictures of the entire site so i can model buildings, would know where to place them and other existing structures on the site, the station and the trackage. And believe me, there's a lot of tracks.
I have been able to procure a mass of photographs from everywhere but, they are all of various items on the site. But that doesn't tell me where these items sit on the property. So, i'm still at a loss.
If anyone has any ideas, i am open to them all. I was hoping to find the company that built the station there, but that hasn't turned up yet. Is there an overhead schematic, diagrams, drawings or aerial photographs of the Sanford site ??? That would really help. Where would i get a copy of these ???
Knowing the scale of the schematic, diagram, drawing or aerial photograph would give me approximate footage of the place. That could be transferred to 1:87th scale and that would give the entire project authenticity. I don't want to cheat on measurements making things smaller than they actually are. i want this to size.
Please send your suggestions to me here by E-mail to 'daiq@pacbell.net'. And thanks for reading this post even if you don't have any thing to add :-)
--Daiq

Posts: 25 | From: Los Angeles, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WalterK
Member # 577

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for WalterK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't the direct info in front of me but, I remember in I think it was Model Railroader magazine that had article about the terminal. If you don't already have it it may help with placement.
Posts: 4 | From: Brooklyn, NY, USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daiq
Member # 226

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for daiq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Walter, thank you for that information. I will contact the magazine. --Daiq
Posts: 25 | From: Los Angeles, CA, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page