RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » General Forums » Railroad News » Lets change history for Missouri and the Nation

Author Topic: Lets change history for Missouri and the Nation
MORAIL
Member # 1038

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for MORAIL   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Needs, benefits, and Bacon equal let the People Vote

Missourians for Rail Passenger Service continues to gather signatures to vote on the statewide issue of Rail Passenger Service from St. Louis to southwest Missouri and we are still looking for more Team Captains. Many people feel that with I-44 getting so dangerous we need an alternate form of travel which could take some cars off that road. Many of the cities and towns along the line would benefit because businesses owners would have people spending more time and money and that includes many tourist. Many companies are developing branches across the state and that means commuting and many of those people could bring along their laptops to do a little work.

Some people say, but you would have to subsidize. Point out one county, state or federal road that is not subsidized. Our ballot issue if passed would cost every Missouri taxpayer less than a $1.00 a year. If passed we can have our state reps. and senators go to the federal transit administration, federal railroad and about a half dozen agencies to get transit money which is dolled out based on who squeals the loudest. We are planning public meetings across the state to find out more about helping see: http://mopassengerrail/4t.com or www.netfocus.net/midwestrailusa or call 417-831-9589 to be a Team Captain in you town. As one who has registered over 15,000 people in southwest Missouri, I think the people should have a chance to decide their own future and destiny.

Sincerely,

Steven L. Reed
Statewide Coordinator
417-831-9589

Time for a choice has arrived

I was born in Lebanon Missouri and then went to school in Conway Missouri. While in high school I saw passenger trains come through the city. Then I traveled in Europe and saw how they had a successful system of passenger trains. I think the state of Missouri has a chance to take a lead and show the rest of the U.S. that many people want such service again.

It could help commerce in many of the smaller cities and give many people an alternate form of transportation something many senior citizens say they want. Missourians for Rail Passenger Service want to let the citizen’s vote on such a plan that will add transportation money to the state not take away from the roads. Our goal is service from St. Louis to Lebanon, Rolla, Springfield, Aurora, Billings, Marionville, Republic, Crane, Galena, Reeds Spring, Hollister, Branson, and Joplin. We need to get our fair share of Transit money from Washington and the sooner the better. Many feel it is time for the states to help develop their own transportation systems. For more information about our efforts or to be a Team Captain please see: http://mopassengerrail.4t.com

Or call 417-831-9589 or 417-532-1708. Everyone is invited to come to Conway Old Fashion Day Sept. 8th, 2001. and see us at out booth. A special thanks to the Lebanon Kiwanis Club for inviting us to speak last week! We are planning a Public Library meeting in St. Louis soon! We are planning a Public Library meeting in St. Louis soon!

Sincerely,

Julia F. Street

Lebanon Team Captain

Missourians for Rail Passenger Service

Lebanon, MO

417-532-1708 Please verify or contact from 9:00am to noon---thanks.

Posts: 15 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DenWoz
Member # 699

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted      Profile for DenWoz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad to see the initiative on the StL-SW MO I-44 rail passenger corridor service issue and would be interested in what develops. Your states and my state outside Missouri may benefit from any passenger rail service development and innovations. Best wishes to the Missourians on this effort. Denny
Posts: 9 | From: Littleton, Colorado, USA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thirdrail
Member # 1031

Rate Member
Icon 9 posted      Profile for thirdrail     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
P-U-H-L-E-E-Z-E!!!!!! You have made your efforts known to the railroad and railfan community repeatedly all over the internet. You have repeated it soooooooo often that you will rapidly lose the support you initially had. Let it rest for awhile.

[This message has been edited by thirdrail (edited 09-14-2001).]

Posts: 23 | From: Florida | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MORAIL
Member # 1038

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MORAIL   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WE JUST WANT TO GET SOMETHING DONE
Posts: 15 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page