RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » General Forums » Railroad News » Silver Meteor derailed in South Carolina

Author Topic: Silver Meteor derailed in South Carolina
MPALMER
Member # 125

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for MPALMER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The southbound Silver Meteor derailed in Lake City, SC this morning (8/21). There were 10-20 injuries among the 200 passengers.
Possible cause was a street sweeper that had damaged the tracks.
(Sources: radio news; web news sites)
MP

Posts: 874 | From: South Bay (LA County), Calif, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
William
Member # 91

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted      Profile for William     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if what i think is right if it was the streetsweeper doesn't the owner have to pay to have the equipment repaired?
Posts: 19 | From: Leominster,Ma | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John B. Bredin
Member # 109

Rate Member
Icon 7 posted      Profile for John B. Bredin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is it recently with public works vehicles and Amtrak? It was just a short while ago that the Kentucky Cardinal (bring back the sleeper car!) hit a brand-new city garbage truck, and now the Silver Meteor runs afoul of a street sweeper. I know the SM didn't HIT the sweeper, but still....
Posts: 22 | From: Chicago, IL | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page