RailForum.com
TrainWeb.com

RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Railfans » Western US » Looking For Amtrak Coast Strarlight Cab Ride Video Set

Author Topic: Looking For Amtrak Coast Strarlight Cab Ride Video Set
Marias Pass
Member # 1179

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marias Pass   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes can someone please tell me is thier and Amtrak Coast Starlight Cab Ride Video Tape Set From Seatlle Washington to Los Angeles California.I would like to know if thier is Thank You
Posts: 18 | From: South Lake Tahoe CA USA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoff Mayo
Member # 153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geoff Mayo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not aware of one. Be warned that the bit in northern California and southern Oregon is less likely to be filmed as both north and southbound trains are due to pass during the night around that way.

I have just received a cab ride from Needles to Los Angeles on Amtrak. This was extended back from Barstow because of late running, meaning more daylight filming. I haven't watched much of it yet but it looks good.

Geoff M.

Posts: 2426 | From: Apple Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marias Pass
Member # 1179

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marias Pass   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Say You don't happen to have any Extra Cab Ride that you dont need do you please let me know soon Thank You For Your Reply
Posts: 18 | From: South Lake Tahoe CA USA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geoff Mayo
Member # 153

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geoff Mayo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have any that I want to get rid of. But they are fairly cheap over your way anyway - the Southern California video set was cheaper to have sent airmail and charged a fortune by UK customs and excise, than to buy it from a UK shop.

Geoff M.

Posts: 2426 | From: Apple Valley, CA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveD
Member # 43

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for SteveD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May Require piecing together from various sources. Trains Magazine's "Cascade Crossing" tape includes Starlight cab ride winter daytime crossing of namesake mountains.
Huel Houser(Calif. Gold) rode over Cuesta Pass filming from a hi-rail or motorcar.
Others may fill in s/o SLO. Commercial Bay Area Cab rides are scarce. and Sacto Valley coverage is not known to me.

Posts: 216 | From: San Carlos, CA, USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page