RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Railfans » Western US » Railroad in Boulder City, Nevada

Author Topic: Railroad in Boulder City, Nevada
Konstantin
Member # 18

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for Konstantin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I drove to Las Vegas through Boulder City this past weekend. I noticed that there were several old passenger cars, along with some older freight cars, and even a locomotive or two parked on sidings in Boulder City. Most were in poor condition but there was at least one locomotive that looked like it was in rather nice condition. According to the railroad map I have, the only route out of Boulder City is towards Las Vegas.

When we drove on towards Las Vegas, we crossed the "track" at Railroad Pass. I call it "track" because there was no track. It had been taken out, but the crossing signals were still there, with a sign that said "exempt". I wonder why the crossing signals are still there if there is no longer any track, but my main question is about the rolling stock in Boulder City. It seems to me that it is trapped there with no connection to any railroad system. Does anybody know about this?

------------------
Elias Valley Railroad (N-scale)
www.geocities.com/evrr

Posts: 446 | From: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cajon
Member # 40

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for cajon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Could have seen the Nevada RR Museum. They have plans to operate on that "track." Cars & locos are currently being restored.
Posts: 249 | From: Downey CA USA | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MPALMER
Member # 125

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted      Profile for MPALMER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Konstantin,

I went through there several years ago and noticed some of that also. Sometimes they leave old signals up because it is a low priority to remove them if they can't be re-used elsewhere.
As for the equipment, it is part of the Nevada RR Museum. Here is a link: http://www.nsrm-friends.org/nsrm06.htm

MP

Posts: 874 | From: South Bay (LA County), Calif, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Konstantin
Member # 18

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for Konstantin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you. I looked through the website. I hope that the Nevada Railroad Museum succeeds. I had not heard of it before.

------------------
Elias Valley Railroad (N-scale)
www.geocities.com/evrr

Posts: 446 | From: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page