RAILforum Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» RAILforum » Railfans » Western US » San Gabriel Sub Projects for 2003

Author Topic: San Gabriel Sub Projects for 2003
SanGabrielSub
Member # 2159

Rate Member
Icon 6 posted      Profile for SanGabrielSub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Metrolink has started their project on a second Main Line From White Ave to CP Vista. The sign company across the street from the North Pomona Depot has been trimmed 20 feet to accomadate the Second track and will tie in to the old Tie up track and they may put a 2 degree 30 minute S curves on both sides of the N.Pomona Mterolink Station so they don't have to tear up the platforms. In Pomona the new track will be on the north side and will be on the South side from CP Cambridge to CP Vista. The Tracks will be on 20 foot centers.
Another project is the Kaiser expansion project. This will increase capacity at Kaiser. The Current South Siding will be the new Main 2 and the South Siding will be south of that.
From Cp Kaiser to Etiwanda The track will be on 26 Foot centers, due to the new track running between the Platforms at the Speedway. Eventually this track will tie in to the Haven Siding making it a mainline. I would like to see all of the sidings between CP Central to CP Locust turned into a mainline. So there will be CTC 2MT between White Avenue to Lilac Ave, and maybe go all the way to San Bernardino, sometime in the future. I hope My prediction comes true due to the Fact that the San Gabriel Sub is the Busiest for Metrolink Commuters. When the Redlands Extension is completed It will be even busier. I also predict that there will be over fifty commuter moves between San Bernardino and LA within the next ten years.

That's all for now
San Gabriel Sub out

Posts: 18 | From: North Highlands CA USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MPALMER
Member # 125

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted      Profile for MPALMER     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
SanGabrielSub,

That San Bernardino line IS busy! I rode it on Jan 2 mid-day (westbound) and it was almost PACKED from about Fontana on.
You mentioned the Redlands extension...how far along is that plan, and will it extend all the way to the Orange St. station? Some years ago I had heard about a 1 or 2 mile extension along the branch but did not know they were still aiming for Redlands, especially with all the state tax revenues down.

MP

Posts: 874 | From: South Bay (LA County), Calif, USA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
metrolinkvalleysub
Member # 2257

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted      Profile for metrolinkvalleysub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why won't they double track from Pomona to Rialto- they have the room?
Posts: 11 | From: Sun Valley, California, USA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SanGabrielSub
Member # 2159

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for SanGabrielSub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They will eventully go to Redlands, but for now they only are working on the new transit hub in San Bernardino for Omnitrans and MARTA, so they can get all of the busses off of Fourth Street. As for the new mainline, I also hope that they connect all of the sidings together, but it all rest's on their budget. One thing that is sure is the fact that the New Main 2, from CP Beech to Etiwanda will eventually be tied into the the Haven Siding. As a result, there will be eight miles of new mainline in ten to twenty years.
San Gabriel Sub Out

Posts: 18 | From: North Highlands CA USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SanGabrielSub
Member # 2159

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted      Profile for SanGabrielSub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you will go over to Trainorders, Southland Warrior posted some photos the other day. He shot them from CP Beech of the track work. They are currently installing the new mainline the south siding has been shoved to the south already and the outbound hauler is on the North Siding.The new mainline is going in the blank spot on the left side of the fotos and will use the old 119lb rail that has been removed from the mainline.
San Gabriel Sub out

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Home Page